Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 81 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by PhilGreg
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 10 years ago

I have moved about 50 out of basements by myself and the answer varies. Bottom line it is never easy but I prefer older machines with heads that come off easy if I am dealing with a basement. I find the easiest way on those machines is to break them down into 5 pieces and just carry each up the steps instead of using a hand truck.

Normally I pull the playfield glass, playfield & head. Then I carry body up the steps and out to my vehicle, next the playfield & put that back into the cabinet, then playfield glass, then head, and lastly legs, lock down bar & my tools. I don't know exactly why but this seems to work best on the older machines for me. EM's and earlier SS stuff.

As far as newer multi ramp & DMD machines with fold down head - normally I take help but regardless of how you do them it is living hell. Going down is easy - but up, even with an appliance dolly, is a Bear. Stair climber handtrucks are great but you better know how to use one correctly before putting an expensive machine on one. They look easy to use but until you have had some practice they are not as easy as they look.

Just my experiences. Hope it helps!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-get-a-pinball-machine-out-of-a-basement?tu=too-many-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.