Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 81 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by PhilGreg
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballhog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 10 years ago

My stairs has a 90 degree turn. I have always just carried my pinballs up with me and another person. I just bought a stair climber dolly. At the turn I can't twist the pinball without hitting the wall, even if you remove the dolly at the turn it will not twist around. Can you attach the dolly to the side of the pinball, of coarse with blankets to protect the side, and go to the turn, then take the dolly off and put it on the underside, like you are supposed to transport it and take it up the rest of the way. Would this damage anything in the machine?

#55 10 years ago

I'm not going to carry them up anymore. I just bought a $1600.00 Escalara stair climbing dolly. I don't have a problem with taking the head off. I was just wondering if it will do any damage to the inside of the pinball if I took it about 6 stairs from the pinball's side, then I could take the dolly off and put it on the bottom side for the rest of the 10 stairs. Would it make the cabnet out of square of damage the playfield in any way to take it up 6 stairs on it's side?

#59 10 years ago

Lol I know how to use the dolly. I have a stair climber with a battery it does all the work for you. I was just checking to see if any of the guys have hooked a dolly on the side of a pinball. My stairs turn a 90 degree angle about 5 steps up. I can't spin the machine at the turn without hitting the wall. If I could take it up the 5 steps hooked to the side, I then could take the dolly off the side and move it to the correct position and finish the rest of the way. I need to know if hooking it up to the side will do any damage to the cabnet, playfield, etc.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballhog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-get-a-pinball-machine-out-of-a-basement?tu=pinballhog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.