2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Zitt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

62D05BA7-AA92-4E8D-B446-4157C2D513ED (resized).png
    IMG_2033 (resized).JPG
    #1 2 years ago

For all you newbies out there wondering how to flatten a bowed playfield this is how you do it, NOTICE: THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH SODA, it has to be beer, light beer will not work either. It had a 1'4" bow end to end and in only one day it went down to 1/8"

IMG_2033 (resized).JPGIMG_2033 (resized).JPG
    #2 2 years ago

Or install the playfield rails.

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomtest:

For all you newbies out there wondering how to flatten a bowed playfield this is how you do it, NOTICE: THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH SODA, it has to be beer, light beer will not work either. It had a 1'4" bow end to end and in only one day it went down to 1/8"
    [quoted image]

Actually i beg to differ, it will work in half the time if you use Shasta!

62D05BA7-AA92-4E8D-B446-4157C2D513ED (resized).png62D05BA7-AA92-4E8D-B446-4157C2D513ED (resized).png

#4 2 years ago

1'4" bow??? Pics or it didn't happen.

#6 2 years ago

Wonder if would work better if was three stacks of two along the center.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from Xenon75:

Or install the playfield rails.

Man, you take all the fun out of it!

#8 2 years ago

Pffff , amateur! You must buy a boatload of heavy metal CDs and pile them up on top. The heavier music the better ofc.

#9 2 years ago

Long story.. But I'll share. Back in 2001 I found a NOS Xenon PF in Germany for my Xenon. It had a scratch near a sling shot. Bought it and had it shipped to Ohio for touch up and clear. 6 months later I got it. Touch up and clear was perfect. However warped a 1/2" corner to corner. Not drilled or dimpled so I used a stripped donor PF to use clear plastic sheets to transfer the holes. Then 200 pounds of barbell weights to sandwich it between 1/2 plywood. 6 months later still warped. Installed rails and adjusted weights to fit. 6 moths later still warped about 3/8". Got frustrated and stuck it under my pool table without anything on it for 5 years, keep playing Xenon with the beat PF.

I finally pulled it back out out after all that time and it was flat. Rails and time I guess. Finished the swap.

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomtest:

Man, you take all the fun out of it!

Had something similar on Star Trek: Mirror Universe.
    The Aluminum Side rails I used solved that problem immediately.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-flatten-a-bowed-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.