Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20120810_140412.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Can some one please point me in the direction on how exactly to do it? I've just lived with it but if it's an easy fix, I'd rather just fix it now that I'm changing out those flashers. Thanks!

#2 11 years ago

I know it's time consuming to go through 7000+ post about the game. I know it's a c clip I thought maybe 3/16" but I don't know for sure. Somebody can chime in with exact item needed.

Edit:

Here is the link scroll down about half way.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-le-problems-please-post-them-here/page/6

5/16" e ring

#3 11 years ago

Super, thank you. Once I find a link to buy them, I will post it up. Having a difficult time trying to find them on the regular sites. Found them on ebay, but seem way expensive.

ebay.com link: E Ring 5 16 Inch Diameter Arcade Pinball Machines

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from BriGuy5:

Super, thank you. Once I find a link to buy them, I will post it up. Having a difficult time trying to find them on the regular sites. Found them on ebay, but seem way expensive.
ebay.com link: E Ring 5 16 Inch Diameter Arcade Pinball Machines

Go to a hardware store. They should have some in stock.

#5 11 years ago

Don't know what kind of area you live in but they say in that thread home depot has them. Maybe your local hardware store?

#6 11 years ago

HD and Lowes carry those clips in their miscellaneous small hardware parts sections.

#7 11 years ago

Same size as the one used for the shooter rod. Costs $0.20 and put a slight bend in it before installing it for a slightly tighter fit.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=134

#8 11 years ago

Sometimes I think the disk or the motor is going to rattle itself loose. Thanks for re-posting this.

Mike
www.HabosArcade.com

#9 11 years ago

Great, thanks guys, I will check Home Depot tomorrow and report back.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from BriGuy5:

Great, thanks guys, I will check Home Depot tomorrow and report back.

You can check to see if its in stock before you go to Home Depot

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100337782/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=E+clip&storeId=10051#.UIc7T2m9KK0

#11 11 years ago

Went to home depot, they did have them in the hardware section. $.60 for 2, just like the website says. Installed 1 and going to try a game in a few minutes to hear the difference.

#12 11 years ago

Well this solution doesn't work for me. I put the e-clip in and it bounds up the spinning disc and won't turn as freely by hand and the motor won't turn it. There's really only 2 spots you can stick the e-clip, tried both and no good. I guess mine doesn't have as much play as others, but enough to make noise. Damn

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from BriGuy5:

Well this solution doesn't work for me. I put the e-clip in and it bounds up the spinning disc and won't turn as freely by hand and the motor won't turn it. There's really only 2 spots you can stick the e-clip, tried both and no good. I guess mine doesn't have as much play as others, but enough to make noise. Damn

At this point I would call or email tech support. I would also let your Distributor know you are having the problem. You may need a new assembly.

#14 11 years ago

Thanks, I will contact them now.

#15 11 years ago

Well if anyone is interested in seeing and hearing what it is, here is a short video of the disc rattle. Sorry for the crappy angle, sometimes off shot, and portrait view, but it was tough to get my phone in position while hitting the switch.

#16 11 years ago

Can clearly see the problem.. I'm Really shocked the eclip didn't fix it.. Looks like more then enough slop in that motor to allow for it.

#17 11 years ago

Yeah, it just jammed the motor. Called stern, they said there is a clip in the shaft already. They said remove it, slightly bend it, and put it back in. I've only found one clip and it has nothing to do with the play in the shaft. Gave up for now.

#18 11 years ago

The video is without the clip in I assume as it's rattling and not bound up.

There is a flat the set screw sets on where you can adjust the length of the shaft to make room for the eclip if you'd like to try it. I took some pics when I had mine apart last to fix an off-center disc issue.

IMG_20120810_140412.jpgIMG_20120810_140412.jpg

#19 11 years ago

Can't believe this was not noticed by Stern. Straight out of the box mine rattles! And my friend's does as well.

Thought Stern sent out tech fixes??

I still think this game could be great once the code develops and boards/rattles etc get fixed.

2 months later
#20 11 years ago

Thanks guys for posting this info, I just got a Magneto LE and it has the disc noise. I'm stopping by Lowes on the way to work.

#21 11 years ago

Bought the E-Ring, it solved my problem

4 years later
#22 7 years ago

Bumping this back up. Mine does it a bit. Where do you put this e-ring?

4 months later
#23 6 years ago

How do you install this eclip?

1 year later
#24 5 years ago

Anyone have a spinning/disc magnet assembly for sale?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-fix-xmen-le-spinning-disc-rattle?hl=nighttrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.