8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by jodini
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0321.JPG
    IMG_0273.JPG
    #1 8 years ago

Gettin ready to refurb the hood over the pin board on my 51/56 Frankinbowler...
    The one with the curved nose. "usually it is split". Mine is in good shape on the outside.
    The inside with the slots is weak. I have seen old posts on this fix, but cannot find them...
    I think some kind of glue or resin...???... was used to glue it all together and make it strong.
    Help me Wamba!

#2 8 years ago

I just used a High quality wood glue from Lowes for mine, but the whole front of mine was missing and I had to rebuild it. Every couple days I just filled the front of the repair with wood glue and let it soak in until it could not take anymore its hard as a rock and I think turned out better than me trying to redo the whole Pin set hood.

IMG_0273.JPGIMG_0273.JPG
    IMG_0321.JPGIMG_0321.JPG

#3 8 years ago

Nice repair, Finger! Thanks for the info.

#4 8 years ago

Impressive.

#5 8 years ago

Looks nice & glad it turned out swell for you.

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from burnt_finger:

I just used a High quality wood glue from Lowes for mine, but the whole front of mine was missing and I had to rebuild it. Every couple days I just filled the front of the repair with wood glue and let it soak in until it could not take anymore its hard as a rock and I think turned out better than me trying to redo the whole Pin set hood.
    IMG_0273.JPG
    IMG_0321.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Hey..that game looks familiar...like the one I played last night! You do good work Burnt_finger!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-fix-the-wood-hood-on-my-51-united-bowler and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.