6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Eddie
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

I searched with no luck on this. I have a Judge Dredd. I have never had this issue and I am not sure if there is a fix or what is causing it, but when I remove the lock bar, the glass slides out so fast it is shocking. I am worried that one of these times my aging self isn't going to be quick enough to catch it with my hip.

Any suggestions? Thoughts?

#2 6 years ago

Is the plastic channel under the side rails there on both sides?

Is the width of the glass the correct size?

If both those answers are "yes" then you probably should try this to snug it up:

http://pinballpro.net/shop/anti-rattle-tape-ar-1/

#3 6 years ago

Glass width is definitely the correct size.

I will double check the channel to make sure it is there but I am pretty certain it is.

#4 6 years ago

Anti-rattle tape?

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Anti-rattle tape?

I had to use it when I owned Star Trek Next Generation. I put in upgraded speakers and subwoofer. The glass would rattle in the channel. Had to put the special tape on the edges to stop it from rattling.

#6 6 years ago

Stand against front of the game and block the glass with your torso as you release and lift the lockbar. Then rest a palm on or in front of the glass and put the lockbar down. Then slide the glass out.

#7 6 years ago

I would try some adhesive grip tape you can get from Scheels, Dick's, etc. Cut a couple of inch long pieces and wrap around the edge of the glass on each side near the bottom. Hopefully that will do it, but if still loose add another layer of tape.

#8 6 years ago

I would recommend always putting a hand on the glass and leave it there as you remove the lockbar. The glass stays in place or slides slowly on some of my games without the lockbar but I never take chances of it sliding out. That's what I was taught when I got my first game and makes sense to me. Even with tape or something, you should always make sure the glass is not going to move without you being ready.

#9 6 years ago

As suggested by Vireland the pinball pro Anti rattle tape is the way to go not only for loose glass but as a protector on all glass.

I use it on all of my personal machines.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-fix-playfield-glass-sliding-out-like-a-cannon-shot?hl=darcangeloel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.