You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Flintstone apron 2.png
flintstone apron 1.png
image.jpg

#1 7 years ago

So many flintstones have the issue that when the ball runs behind the flippers, the ball can sometimes fall off the plastic archway and drain. It'll spot you a free ball, but it's still a drain.

This situation seems to occur after one shops the game. Hmm. Strange. This is the way mine started acting up as well. After I shopped it.

After asking around (props to members Cody_Chunn and t2) and adjusting it myself, it comes down to LOOSENING two screws only: one screw on each inlane, closest to the flippers. Loosening these two screw just a bit will raise up the plastic archway just a bit, so that the ball doesn't roll off. They don't have to be super loose, just not tight.

You see, after a shop, we all tighten screws down good. Here, a simple one minute fix is all it took.

Documenting this for Flintstones owners in the future. Pretty damn fun pin.

1 week later
#2 7 years ago

Blackbeard,
Thanks for the tip. I have this problem with my 'stones. Anyway, would you be willing to post a pic of the screws that you're referring to? I think I know which ones, but just wanted to be sure, and maybe make it easier for anyone else having this issue. Great tip! Thanks.

#3 7 years ago

Blackbeard glad to hear that loosening the screws worked. I about fell over when a half turn of the right screw solved 3 months of frustration. Very fun pin!!!

#4 7 years ago

These are the two:image.jpg

#5 7 years ago

This should help, assuming your pin is leveled and pitched normally.

#6 7 years ago

Thanks for the post. Have not shopped mine out yet but it's in the plans.

#7 7 years ago

Simple easy shop.

#8 7 years ago

I had the same problem with my Flintstones. I placed two small plastic washers underneath the two screws. Problem solved.

#9 7 years ago

I made a little plastic mod works great

flintstone apron 1.png
#10 7 years ago

pic # 2

Flintstone apron 2.png
#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

I made a little plastic mod works great

flintstone apron 1.png 501 KB

Unnecessary, but hey if it works...

#12 7 years ago

Awesome. Thanks for the pic. I'll make that adjustment this weekend.

#13 7 years ago

Just shopped mine today and had a few roll off. Great tip, thank you!

5 years later
#14 1 year ago

5 years after this post... Can confirm the described fix still works. Just now fixed my dad's recently shopped Flintstones - nice that it was so easy!

5 months later
#15 10 months ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

5 years after this post... Can confirm the described fix still works. Just now fixed my dad's recently shopped Flintstones - nice that it was so easy!

Just shopped mine. Are there supposed to be washers on the underside ? Mine didn't have any... If, yes how thick are they ?

Thanks
Mtt

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside