9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by grandy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG2074.jpg
    IMAG2073.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Restoring a Big Guns, and the artwork adhered to the underside of the left and right molded plastic ramps is peeling and/or bubbling in places.

What is the best way to adhere it back onto the plastic?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can suggest adhesives and/or processes that have worked for them.

IMAG2074.jpgIMAG2074.jpg

IMAG2073.jpgIMAG2073.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Pinrestore sells some 3m adhesive that would work. 3M 467MP Adhesive By The Yard

http://www.pinrestore.com/Supplies.html

#3 9 years ago

i'd scan it in, and reprint it on another decal. it's about your best bet.

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i'd scan it in, and reprint it on another decal. it's about your best bet.

I was guessing someone might suggest this. Not sure i want to go through that much trouble on these pieces, but if i did...

Would you suggest pulling off the entire sticker/decal and scanning it? It can't be scanned while on the plastics because they are molded on the other side. For sticker removal, would heat or cold help me get it off cleanly?

#5 9 years ago

The problem with heat is that you'll probably stretch the decal as it comes off. You could try freezing it. It looks like it's a nice repeating pattern so that if you did stretch it you could use Photoshop or something similar to cut and paste a good section over the bad section before you print it out.

#6 9 years ago

I think i'm going to try to re-adhere what i've got first since i'm not really going for perfection with this project. If that fails i'll strip it down and start over.

Thanks for the helpful feedback!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-fix-art-peeling-from-plastics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.