Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I have three inserts on my Pink Panther that have a sunken side. They don't appear to be cupped at all. How can/should push them up to level? Is there a guide for doing this?

Thanks

#2 6 years ago

I'm not an expert on inserts but I suggest looking at youtube, very useful videos there like this one:

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

I'm not an expert on inserts but I suggest looking at youtube, very useful videos there like this one: » YouTube video

I have been watching youtube vids (including this one) It really only deals with cupped inserts and sanding them flat.

Thanks for the suggestion.

#4 6 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-ultimate-playfield-restoration#post-547755

There's some steps that don't apply in your case, but Vid's guide should give you what you need.

#5 6 years ago

Im needing to fix cupped inserts and lower raised inserts.

I have fixed lightly cupped inserts with a self leveling clear coat, Everbrite,

I found a self leveling, evaporating coating less "risky" than over filling, or other concerns.
It takes twice the amount of "coats", but Ive been pleased with the results in a home use environment.

I cant imagine popping 20 inserts out of a playfield, unless it was a full tear down was in my plans.

For lowering, seeing the heat gun gives me hope.

I think Vids guides reflect the best, most professional way to do so, I guess Im a bit of a hack.

I should be doing it in a few weeks to share.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-fix-a-sunken-insert and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.