(Topic ID: 276225)

How to find part numbers for cable connectors?

By mystman12

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by KenLayton
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

connector (resized).png
#1 3 years ago

So I need to find the matching connector for this cable connector in my Mousin' Around. However, I can't seem to find the part number for it in the manual, so I'm not sure where to look. I could just eyeball it and buy a bunch off of Marco Specialties, but that doesn't guarantee I'll find a match and I'll end up with a bunch of connectors I won't need. Anyone know how I can find exactly what the matching connector is?

connector (resized).pngconnector (resized).png
#2 3 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Anyone know how I can find exactly what the matching connector is?

Figure out the pin size.

Then check Ed's site - https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/ for male, female, pins, tools, etc.

LTG : )

#3 3 years ago

The correct mating connector is:

Molex # 03-06-1023

The female crimp terminals to use in it are:

Molex # 02-06-1103

The above are .062" size.

#4 3 years ago

Thanks for the help, I ordered what I need! I'm still kind of wondering if there's anywhere in the manual or something I could have found that info though.

#5 3 years ago

Common connectors generally aren't found in the manuals much any more. You just have to know by sight what they are today.

#6 3 years ago

Years ago - Molex, AMP, Cannon and Amphenol used to regularly put out full line catalogs.
Now with the internet - the catalogs are no longer published and you can find everything you need to know at their websites. But - the way the websites are setup, you need to know what you are looking for before you can look for it.
Watch ebay for "Molex Full Line Catalog" and the "AMP Product Guide". They pop up occasionally but not too often - nobody wants to get rid of the ones they have. You don't need the Cannon or Amphenol catalogs unless you are working with industrial or military grade parts.

#7 3 years ago

I think those terminals might be .093

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from jj44114:

I think those terminals might be .093

Nope. Look at the two ridges on that male housing. The .093 does not have those, but the .062 does.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sterling, VA
3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Camarillo, CA
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 23.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-find-part-numbers-for-cable-connectors and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.