Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 157 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by arcademojo
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Spotted_Dick.jpg
    RiG8MxKiL.png
    GLORY_DAYS.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#73 8 years ago

The MMR delays have clearly hurt the remake market. Other than MMR, I don't see any titles other than CC and BBB selling for $8k (maybe MB) and CC would have to have improved software. It's a game with great potential (as CCC has shown) - a CCC version would be well received, even at $8k.

I think any other remake that isn't at or below the price point of a Stern Pro is going to be a tough sell, especially if PPS is going to be working with different licensors (as Rick gas alluded to) and potentially different hardware platforms. I think an AFM remake would sell well at $5-6k, not so much at $8k.

MB - don't buy into licensing concerns. If PPS doesn't already have it, the Universal Monsters license is one of the easiest to get.

CV - don't see enough possible demand, regardless of what anyone thinks of JPop. The game was a sales flop when it was released; don't see that changing. It's also a very polarizing game - people live it or hate it - no middle ground.

The bold move for game two would be CC or BBB, but I expect to see MB or AFM.

#134 8 years ago
    Quoted from viper001:

Remember that even though they have a operating system developed because they chose to redesign the entire bottom of each game they start over on each title from a development perspective.

And remember that Rick has said that future titles may be licensed by folks other than Chicago Gaming. If that becomes reality, we could see remakes with totally different software/hardware platforms.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-find-out-the-next-remake-title?tu=jfh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.