Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 157 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by arcademojo
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Spotted_Dick.jpg
    RiG8MxKiL.png
    GLORY_DAYS.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#53 8 years ago
    Quoted from mrgregb123:

there are only a couple of games that PPS/CGC is going to get away with selling for $8K that is also either original or carries a license that's affordable and available, and has a low-cost build of materials

Why assume that CGC's next game will come in at $8k? It's still possible that they'll drop the price somewhat to try to pick up more sales.

#106 8 years ago
    Quoted from someoneelse:

I know a lot of pinheads in Europe - two of them have bought MMR.

Surprising they sold even two given your assessment that pristine "EuroHEP" MMs are readily available at 10,000 EU.

#115 8 years ago
    Quoted from someoneelse:

Not really. Both got in at the very beginning when it was 7.500EUR or something in that range.

So MMR has gone up 2,000 EUR since launch? Is that an exchange rate issue or were the European distributors using a JPP model of slowly increasing prices? Either way that increase is nuts, and would certainly be a psychological deterrent if nothing else for people considering buying in on MMR now.

#117 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The Pin is $2500 delivered.
    Ramps, multiball, all commercial flippers/pops/slings, speech, flashers, .....1 year home service warranty.
    The Pin is more complicated than any of those classic Bally games, so if they can do The Pin for $2,500, they could certainly do a simple game like Fathom for $2,500 (and all the art development costs are already done).

I hope you're right, I'd be pretty tempted to upgrade my Sorcerer to a $2,500 NIB if one became available some day ...

#125 8 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

What was WNBJM going for? While I agree that these at a lower priced tier would be amazing, a Fathom Remake will be $4500., and it will sell.

For some reason I always misread "WNBJM" as "WNBA Jam." Of course they went another direction with it ...

1 week later
    #152 8 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

They are NEVER going to remake any of the titles mentioned here for under 5k...or likely even 6k or more. That is 100% pipe dream.

Unfortunately I have to agree. It'd be great if someone approached PPS and got the license to remake early SS games for $4,000. But kind of hard to see who could take that up, since they'd need to sell (and therefore produce) a large number to get close to the profit that could turn selling an "A list" DMD remake at $6-7k. Of course it should be cheaper to make a game with fewer components, but it's hard to believe that it costs $3k more to remake an MM than a Fathom. So it would take someone with the capacity and financing to actually make a large number of games at a lower profit margin, yet willing to pass up licenses that would likely produce a much better return.

Of course Stern could do it if they wanted. But I imagine they're quite happy dominating the "low end" NIB market with $4,800 pros.

#155 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

That's because it doesn't.
    You can't blame any business for not wanting to leave any money on the table, PPS included.
    Just a few years ago a game with "LE" features sold for $3800, and now that has doubled. (and that was a real game with a silkscreened cabinet, not crummy decals).
    Inflation has been historically low, and they are building a larger volume of games, so the only reason the price has doubled is **because they can**.

Totally agree! I don't fault PPS/CGC for charging what the market will bear for MMR. I just meant that with titles like MB and AFM out there still, it's hard to imagine if/when anyone would get around to remaking titles that would realistically need to be priced at $4,000 to sell in any kind of quantity. Which is a shame because I'd love to see a NIB Sorcerer.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-find-out-the-next-remake-title?tu=fosaisu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.