Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 157 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by arcademojo
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Spotted_Dick.jpg
    RiG8MxKiL.png
    GLORY_DAYS.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcademojo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 8 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

I don't like remakes at all. Ruins the fun of collecting if you ask me. And unlike Transformer Toys, where the original value isn't harmed at all by remakes (because nobody wants the remakes), remakes really hurt the value of original pins.

Hmm, I don't know about you but how many hundreds of people are playing a remake MM in their house that could have never been able to afford an original? How many locations now have a remake MM where they never would have had one? How many people new to pinball got to play there first games on these?

The original MM's value was never harmed by the remake. Only the collectors artificially inflating the price were harmed. Yeah, Most owners of the original MM's probably only paid between $3500 to $5000 grand tops. I know I personally turned down several in that price range. It wasn't until a few years ago that these prices got so high. How many people had several MM's in storage just waiting for there prices to go up and up? I know of at least 3 people.
    Pinball was meant to be played. A game to have fun. That's the way it should be. Remake or not.

#71 8 years ago
    Quoted from wantdataeast:

I am not saying it would not be a tough project but I am doing a full restore on a Bally Star Trek and I have replaced so much I catch myself wondering if I needed the original game to start with.

The original is just your map guide to put everything back together with.

4 months later
    #157 8 years ago
    Quoted from VGC1612:

Any TPF revealed yet?

Anything at all?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcademojo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-find-out-the-next-remake-title?tu=arcademojo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.