4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 157 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by arcademojo
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Spotted_Dick.jpg
    RiG8MxKiL.png
    GLORY_DAYS.gif

There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 4 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Why not price them same as The Pin?
    Simpler than The Pin, and all the art and playfield design is already done.
    People who remember those games might impulse buy one when they are looking at Pool Tables or Chex Hockey at the gameroom store. "Hmmmm, do I want a pinball machine or a Chex......?"
    Price it a $5K and only true pinheads are even going to consider it.
    As a bonus, if they ran Fathom, EBD or Centaur, they could run a few hundred extra playfields and backglasses for even more $$$$$$$$

the aspect of being able to sell the extra PF's or BG's I think might be an aspect that they need to explore. It does give them some "easy" money on top of the selling of the games. Also plastics.

#152 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

They are NEVER going to remake any of the titles mentioned here for under 5k...or likely even 6k or more. That is 100% pipe dream.

Unfortunately I have to agree. It'd be great if someone approached PPS and got the license to remake early SS games for $4,000. But kind of hard to see who could take that up, since they'd need to sell (and therefore produce) a large number to get close to the profit that could turn selling an "A list" DMD remake at $6-7k. Of course it should be cheaper to make a game with fewer components, but it's hard to believe that it costs $3k more to remake an MM than a Fathom. So it would take someone with the capacity and financing to actually make a large number of games at a lower profit margin, yet willing to pass up licenses that would likely produce a much better return.

Of course Stern could do it if they wanted. But I imagine they're quite happy dominating the "low end" NIB market with $4,800 pros.

#153 4 years ago
    Quoted from Insane:

the aspect of being able to sell the extra PF's or BG's I think might be an aspect that they need to explore. It does give them some "easy" money on top of the selling of the games. Also plastics.

Selling just a few hundred or so playfields and backglasses would easily add a quarter of a million bucks to their coffers.

And now that PPS has stolen back many of the original films from Gene, the artwork separations are readily available.

#154 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

it's hard to believe that it costs $3k more to remake an MM than a Fathom

That's because it doesn't.

You can't blame any business for not wanting to leave any money on the table, PPS included.

Just a few years ago a game with "LE" features sold for $3800, and now that has doubled. (and that was a real game with a silkscreened cabinet, not crummy decals).

Inflation has been historically low, and they are building a larger volume of games, so the only reason the price has doubled is **because they can**.

#155 4 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

That's because it doesn't.
    You can't blame any business for not wanting to leave any money on the table, PPS included.
    Just a few years ago a game with "LE" features sold for $3800, and now that has doubled. (and that was a real game with a silkscreened cabinet, not crummy decals).
    Inflation has been historically low, and they are building a larger volume of games, so the only reason the price has doubled is **because they can**.

Totally agree! I don't fault PPS/CGC for charging what the market will bear for MMR. I just meant that with titles like MB and AFM out there still, it's hard to imagine if/when anyone would get around to remaking titles that would realistically need to be priced at $4,000 to sell in any kind of quantity. Which is a shame because I'd love to see a NIB Sorcerer.

4 months later
    #156 3 years ago

Any TPF revealed yet?

#157 3 years ago
    Quoted from VGC1612:

Any TPF revealed yet?

Anything at all?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9,999.99
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 6.00
    $ 7.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Displays
    PinballSolutions.eu
    $ 18.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Apparel - Men
    Pinside Shop
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 315.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    liorillusion
    $ 999.00
    $ 18.95
    $ 13.00
    $ 7.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 7,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 218.00
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside