Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 109 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Wolfanoz
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210430-075928_Gallery (resized).jpg
    752e65f7d683128704edf83adc77d274a089468f (resized).jpg
    3DEC88C8-F72B-4DC8-AE0B-2FD47CDC220C.gif
    A64E8837-8295-4CB7-B4A5-F35C08FCBBB1 (resized).png
    AE417FE3-E8FD-4E6A-9DB5-AF82AE05816F (resized).png
    813D17B5-5E40-43ED-8A05-D1EB3A3612ED (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody76.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

One thing that you absolutely do not have to buy right now is a pinball machine.
    Be patient
    Nothing to see here

exactly

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

If by "new" you mean someone who has been on pinside for over a year and a half, checking it nearly every day, then yeah! Okay. I'm also not new to the hobby, having bought my first pin in 2003. Just because I don't have the time or inclination to read through the hundreds of threads that have come before me doesn't give you cause to hit me with stupid ass sarcasm. I was looking for honest thoughts on the subject. If you don't want to give them go ahead and ride your high horse off to some other thread.

half these goons think you are a newb if you have not been on here for 5 years. I have a friend who has been in the hobby since the 70's and he does not even know what pinside is.

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from JediMcMuffin:

Yes, these prices prevent new blood from entering the hobby, especially when you weigh the use of this toy against other toys of similar cost.

yep, I have several friends and some neighbors who want a game and the prices have scared them off. Location play should be doing well right now, because no one is going to pay these idiot prices, at least not your average person.

#62 2 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

IF prices keep going up I will sell my collection for a sweet profit and get out. Maybe keep 1-2 of my favorites. But that’s it!

I am thinking hard about doing this again.

#78 2 years ago

Hobbits are now selling for over $10k. I am at a loss for words. It was not long ago some would sit for months at $7k and some sold for $5800-$6500.

#96 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

There are still deals out there. Couple months ago I got a No Fear for $1900.00. Last year I got a DE Star Wars for $1,500.00 and a Williams IJ for $2300.00.
    The only one that was advertised was No Fear, at an estate sale. The other 2 were word of mouth, friends who knew someone selling a game and knew I was into pinball.
    Don't expect to get a deal on Craigslist or Pinside or Facebook, unless you happen to be standing next to the persons house with cash when they post it.
    Network, let people know you're always looking for games. There are good deals going on right under our noses every day.

It is just few and far between now. I used to reel in at least 10 great deals per year up until COVID hit and now it is sparse. Right before COVID I got a no fear for $1800, Whirlwind for $1500, Nine Ball for $300, and a Hurricane for $1000. I have not scored anything since March of last year.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody76.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-feel-about-these-exorbitant-pinball-prices?tu=woody76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.