5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pinkid
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I was able to get a decent set of used plastics that were much better than the ones I had on, Unfortunately, there is a long skinny plastic that is warped. What it the recommended way to fix this? I was thinkink about putting a bunch of cardboard shims under it and then warming it up via a hair dryer.

#2 5 years ago

Here is one method with an oven:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-safely-flatten-warped-playfield-plastic

Here is a video on doing it with a heat gun:

#3 5 years ago

Heat gun, Wood, and a clamp or something heavy.

#5 5 years ago

I took the glass out of a picture frame and laid the plastic on it. Heated the plastic with a heat gun until it got soft and started to lay flat on its own and then immediately laid the glass from the pin on top of the softened plastic until it cooled (like 15 mins) and they are as flat as a board now. Make a glass-plastic-glass sandwich. Just be careful with the heat and don’t keep it on one spot too long.

#6 5 years ago

I've put plastics in between 2 playfield glasses and left them in the sun for a few hours and let them cool that way.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-even-out-a-warped-plastic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.