This one is pretty easy. I’m currently restoring Seawitch and have run into issues. One of the arrow inserts was loose and bowed and shrunk to the point where it was unusable and numerous posts had been replaced with whatever the operator had on hand at the time. Well, the arrow inserts (two) are yellow and the facetted posts are blue; these colors are no longer available. However, the insert is available in white and the posts can be had in clear.
The solution is to dye them using acrylic ink. I found yellow and a dark blue that matched at an art supply store. I added some acrylic, clear airbrush medium to help with the flexibility and adhesion. I’m not sure if it helped or not, but it didn’t hurt. Here are the pics:
I put the posts into a ziplock bag for about 5 minutes to dye them.
The post on the left is the original and on the right is dyed.