Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by gizmo33
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinMonk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 2 years ago
    Quoted from Fordiesel69:

Sorry if this is staring me right im the face but were are the downloads for older code?

Depends. What game's code are you looking for, and what version do you have now?

1 year later
    #8 11 months ago
    Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I'm trying to downgrade my GZ Premium from the newest 1.04 update on 2/23..I really don't like the additional stuff they added into the A/V assetts. gameplay is good though. I had the original .08 that I dumped onto my computer, but it's no longer an image..not sure how to make that a reality again (even with Etcher). Any tips, or does someone have, say v. 1.0 to share?

I can't help you now, but for the future, you could make an SD card for each version as it's released. Then changing versions is as easy as just changing cards. Also, doing that keeps high scores discrete to each version instead of just keeping high scores that may not apply the same across easier or harder versions of the code. The good Sandisk SD cards are less than $10 at Best Buy very often. Just buy a bunch.

#10 11 months ago
    Quoted from KING-HENRY:

yeah, I already do this for my other machines, so I just use a piece of painter's tape for the original versions in those machines..I was in a pinch (ran out of SD cards) and just dumped the .08 GZ code onto my computer..which 'wasn't the way' lol. I'll certainly buy more SD cards (like you said) for future updates. I really just don't like the newest code on GZ vs the old .08 code (that's just me I guess). It really is the newer callouts/assets that got overly cheesy for my tastes. Game code is better though. pickle!

If you have the zip file, you can make a new image the long way. Get another SD card of another version and copy that to a new SD. Then put that new SD with the other image you just made in the machine. Then unzip the code you want and put it on a USB and update the SD card you made with the USB code. You'll end up with the code you want on the SD.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinMonk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-download-older-code?tu=PinMonk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.