Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by toasterman04
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

521F6F6D-C00F-460E-85A6-60A4F91DE39D (resized).jpeg
FC244046-481C-4E7E-8B09-32FD7F8A04D1 (resized).jpeg
0DBC2EF4-CF4C-4C00-A3C8-C833CEE4AA0E (resized).jpeg
A452E20E-980F-4D35-946E-1401AA8381A5 (resized).jpeg

#1 4 months ago

I have a flintstones that I am trying to program the coin slots to accept one coin for one credit. All I can get it to do is work on 4 coins for one credit. Even if I can get one of the coin slots I could jump the other one.

#2 4 months ago

Check out page 1-29 in the manual. You should be able to adjust coin slots for how many coins and then how many coins for one credit.

If it's all screwed up in there, you might do a factory reset and start over from default settings.

LTG : )

#3 4 months ago

Does it not have a custom setting? I use tokens and set my William's games on custom.

Then I set the unit, and how many switch triggers. I.e., 4 units per game, right slot, one switch trigger equals 4 units.

#4 4 months ago

Thanks Lyod I will look it up.

Im not at home right now. So I downloaded the manual and will adjust it when I get home

Ohhh pokey ... I will just call you!

#5 4 months ago

I think for this type of WPC game you will need a coin doubler board.

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/images/thumb/3/3e/WPCCoinDoublerInSitu.jpg/200px-WPCCoinDoublerInSitu.jpg

#6 4 months ago

So in the manual that Lyod pointed out I need a ‘custom’ setting in

A.3 01 game pricing

And I don’t have that option.

I am thinking of just running a wire to the service credit to each coin mech as it would mimic the same concept.... wouldn’t it

Or should I look into getting new roms? Currently I have MX-25????? Does that make sense

#7 4 months ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Does that make sense

I'd look into Grumpy's post.

LTG : )

#8 4 months ago

ok well.... thanks grumpy, and Lloyd I am amazed I would have to go that option.

#9 4 months ago

I am amazed I would have to go that option.

At this time in pinball history nobody had a 25 cent per play machine. The coin doubler was made to extend the life of older machines by making them more affordable to play than newer machines.

#10 4 months ago

Wow that’s cool.... never knew that existed! Thanks Grumpy!!

1 week later
#11 4 months ago

That coin doubler i cannot find for sale anywhere. And with me needing a one credit for one coin drop, i would need two of those doublers so the game would think four coins went in right? Anyway Could downloading an updated ROM for flintstones offer a custom pricing setting? It is weird. There is no 'custom' option in A.3 in the menu. Yet in demolition man and world cup soccer they both have that option. (And all three games were released in 1994)
Thats what make me think ROM? Maybe because it was a reimport.?

For anyone who stumbles on the same issue in the furite I did the service credit wire trick and it works great, when the door is open. When the door is closed it doesn't allow those service buttons to be used. So i cant go that route.

#12 4 months ago

A452E20E-980F-4D35-946E-1401AA8381A5 (resized).jpeg
#13 4 months ago

My only options in game pricing are:
USA 1/$1.00
CAN .50-75-1
CAN 2/$1.00
USA 2/$1.00
50-75-100
USA 3/$1.00
USA 6/$2.00
USA 5/$2.00
6/$2 4/1.50
USA 1/$0.75
1/.75 4/2.00
1/.75 3/2.00
1/$1 6/$5

#14 4 months ago

I have a flintstones that I am trying to program the coin slots to accept one coin for one credit. All I can get it to do is work on 4 coins for one credit. Even if I can get one of the coin slots I could jump the other one.

Set the jumpers/dip switches on the mpu to be for Europe (note this will reset all machine setting and high scores probably) instead of North America / USA.
The choose the language you want, and then the custom pricing menu will become available. Which allows you to set 1 play 1 coin. And will allow the audits to be correct for coin counting.

You may have to change a few other things like comma instead of dot as millions separation in scores, but that's also easy.

That's how I've always gotten around it on my machines to set one coin = one credit for the WPC machines. You can set the value of each coin slot the the value of the coin (say 25 for a quarter) and then set that 25 of value is needed to start a game.

#15 4 months ago

0DBC2EF4-CF4C-4C00-A3C8-C833CEE4AA0E (resized).jpegFC244046-481C-4E7E-8B09-32FD7F8A04D1 (resized).jpeg
#16 4 months ago

These dip switches?

#17 4 months ago

521F6F6D-C00F-460E-85A6-60A4F91DE39D (resized).jpeg
#18 4 months ago

ok It has been solved. Thanks to Pinside, I adjusted those dip switch settings to adjust the region. I am in Canada, but selected a random Europe setting that defaulted to Australian settings. doing this allowed the custom pricing and the one credit for one coin setting.

Thanks to all for your input, hopefully this helps someone in the future,

#19 4 months ago

ok It has been solved. Thanks to Pinside, I adjusted those dip switch settings to adjust the region. I am in Canada, but selected a random Europe setting that defaulted to Australian settings. doing this allowed the custom pricing and the one credit for one coin setting.
Thanks to all for your input, hopefully this helps someone in the future,

Yes those dip switches (I know you figured it out).

This has one more side benefit past enabling the custom coinage. The "say no to drugs" message no longer appears on the displays when the dip switches are set to Europe. (or Australia)

Remember to go in and set other thing back on (or off) in your settings, such as match, replay level, etc. that reset to some other default than you would like.

#20 4 months ago
Quoted from themadman:Yes those dip switches (I know you figured it out).
The "say no to drugs" message no longer appears on the displays when the dip switches are .

lol ... ohh thats good, i always felt guilty playing it while I was high, now I will have nothing to worry about. Ya I have gone in and reset the settings so much, while i figured this out i should be able to do it just by touch.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
Lake Zurich, IL
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 194.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Boards
PinSound
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 47.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.95
$ 6.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lambertville, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside