(Topic ID: 75080)

How to do 1.25 update on a MAC?

By txstargazer3

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider badbilly27.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 10 years ago

What source - another mac user here.

#12 10 years ago

Easy enough - thanks bud.

And for the PC lovers. I converted over a few years ago, reluctantly, and have never looked back. Mac's are smooth for beginners and intermediates. You want super gaming and coding machines - PC. Coverted whole house to Mac three years ago - best move I ever made.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from DugFreez:

I asked how you cut and paste and he went on to say (paraphrasing of course) you had to hold down the L2 key and also the P7 key and then click the single mouse button. "That's not easier." I said.

In general settings you can choose to tap the right bottom corner of the mouse and it's the same as right click on a PC.

Quoted from Fluke_Starbucker:

Same goes for the iPhone. Don't tell me they are easier. That's bs. No memory card slots, no replaceable battery. And people should be laughing at the new OS 7. It looks like the programmers hired the Easter Bunny to work for Fisher Price on a my first Sony.

Over stereotyping my friend. Open a Coca Cola, take a deep breathe, sip and there it is smile. Now if you don't like Coca Cola because your local Shop N Go has the same thing in a no brand can - have at it. All same sugars, syrup and flavorings. Bet those sugar companies are laughing to the bank every time I drink a Coke too.

Seriously, all need to relax on the PC vs Mac wars. I'm not a MAC lemming and resisted for years, touting the PC (guess you missed that). Blue screen of death, viruses, etc. started to get old. But I loved the versatility of what I could build and add on with a PC. However, being a computer tech for my family and extended family on my days off - screw that. Enter a friend touting Mac. I made fun of him for years. Then after I "listened" after my frustration with Windows update gone bad - I converted and bought my bud dinner. Results may vary but very happy with the switch. And yes Linux may solve for Windows problems. And if grandma had balls she'd be grandpa. If you take the time to invest in Linux or a PC you can literally do anything. I don't have that time. And the people in my family/extended family are not very techy. They use technology not create technology.

I still love what PCs have to offer. But Mac, while more expensive granted, simplified so much for an every day user and graphic intense artists. Hate all you want, they did. The user experience on most Apple products (enter iPhone here) changed the market. I live in the wireless space professionally - whether you want to believe it or not Apple changed the paradigm. Now does iOS 7 look tacky - totally agree on the Easter Bunny comment. I'm not a fan of the upgrade and I do not buy all Apple products. But like anything, every product has a market segment. You are not it - cool. I am. Happy for me.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider badbilly27.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-do-125-update-on-a-mac?tu=badbilly27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.