(Topic ID: 203469)

How to disconnect molex connectors which are "stuck"?

By solarvalue

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mswhat
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider solarvalue.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hi,

Trying to remove the head on my Pin*Bot. Is there an easy way to disconnect those stubborn molex connectors on the harness?

Thanks

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from mswhat:

A little heat from a hair dryer and a small screw driver has worked for me in the past.

Thanks, where do you put the screw driver?

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wiggy:

I just use pliers and brute force

Pliers direct on the plastic? Or do you put something in between?

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wiggy:

Yeah, on the plastic. Never had to use that much force where I was worried about the plastic. But if you are - put something soft inbetween, like a rag or something similar.

Great thanks, I put some adhesive felt on the pliers - 2 out of 3 done, just working on the last one, it's a big one.

#9 6 years ago

OK, so I used a pair of vice grips on one side and some adjustable pliers on the other side, both with felt on them to protect the plastic, then I wiggled the connectors back and forth and they came apart pretty easily.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider solarvalue.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-disconnect-molex-connectors-which-are-stuck?tu=solarvalue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.