(Topic ID: 79617)

how to diagnose weak sling

By Turkey_Robinson

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Turkey_Robinson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I'm looking for some information on figuring out what is wrong with the slingshot. It is lacking in power. It doesn't pop as hard as the other. The coil itself is not the model that the manual specifies. I think it might have been the coil from the kicker that previous owners switched in when the sling in question broke the last time. Do the slingshots have a board they run with like the pop bumper driver board? I just want to try and figure this out a little more before I try doing it. It might not be the coil at all, but I don't know what else it could be.

Thanks!

#7 10 years ago

I tested the voltage at each coil and they are reading roughly the same. Nothing looks out of order mechanically speaking. I've got a new coil that the manual recommends I just don't have a new diode. Do you think I could swap the diode from the old coil to the new one or should I just wait and get a new diode altogether considering they're 20 cents or so?

#10 10 years ago

Awesome. Thanks for the help. I'll post back in a few days when I have a chance to get to radio shack.

1 week later
#11 10 years ago

I replaced the coil and it worked perfectly. Thanks again for all the help!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Towson, MD

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Turkey_Robinson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-diagnose-weak-sling?tu=Turkey_Robinson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.