By HighProtein

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

12480388_10156338367180456_772014777_n.gif
88812640cd60e4f2ea8d87a99e86d41d--photography-quotes-funny-funny-memes (resized).jpg
kingpin (resized).jpg
tumblr_lnl77lANsW1qblh0ho1_500.png
There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

How to date a woman not into pinball?

Focus only on anything in common...
Don't bring up pinball, even if its what you do
for a living. Don't show her your collection
or show her your games on location.
If she asks what you did during the day...
you did anything but something with pinball.
If you're going to a pinball convention and or tournament, say your visiting friends and or family.
A girl not into pinball doesn't change.
Indifference is closer to contempt than love.
P.s... pretend to be very intrigued by all of her dumb ass hobbies and interests.

Oh...
Or just don't date a girl not into pinball at all.

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

That.

#3 6 years ago

Yeah...
I'm 3 months into dating a not into pinball girl, it's been a looong 3 months.

#4 6 years ago

There's a world of difference between "that's just your hobby, I don't get it but if it makes you happy, then it makes me happy" and "pinball is a stupid hobby and I don't want to know about it, hear about it, or talk about it. Now let's go shopping for pillows."

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Yeah...

when my girlfriend of 2 years plays pinball with me she still hits both flippers at the same time repeatedly everytime the ball rolls toward the flippers. after numerous attempts to get her to concentrate on 1 flippers at a time. i gave up. drives me f!@#kin crazy!

#6 6 years ago

Get prepared for lots of eye rolls.

My wife doesn’t share any of my hobbies. I don’t share to much about what I’m going to do. She knows that I’m going to do what I want anyways. If I spend my money on a game and just show up at home with a new toy she doesn’t really care. Why get mad at me when it’s not going to change who I am. We’ve been together for over 15 years, almost married for a decade.

If she wants to change you then she’s not worth keeping. Find someone that accepts you as you are.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

There's a world of difference between "that's just your hobby, I don't get it but if it makes you happy, then it makes me happy" and "pinball is a stupid hobby and I don't want to know about it, hear about it, or talk about it. Now let's go shopping for pillows."

Bingo
Off to buy the 33rd throw pillow!

#9 6 years ago

I'm very blessed.

My girl isn't into pinball to the same degree as I am, but she enjoys playing and knows when she's playing well and gets pissed when she loses a ball she shouldn't have. That to me defines a player. We seek out pins in the wild together and she's gone to a few shows with me.

She shares in some of my hobbies and I share in some of hers. We also have our own things that are ours alone.

I love her for who she is and she loves me as I am.

It's not easy to find and a lot of time was wasted along the way, but I found it.

Life is short, settle for nothing less.

#10 6 years ago

I have been married to a non-pinball girl for 32 years but collecting for only 6. All I hear when I buy a new game is "isn't 7 of them enough already? One can come in but one must go out! You paid how much for that? etc"

I found that just bring them in when she's not home as she never goes into the basement anyway and its always easier to ask for forgiveness than permission - cause the answer to that is NO.

#11 6 years ago

Question is what are you looking for? If you are looking for someone who shares your identical hobbies, you've just greatly narrowed your dating pool. I would say seek out someone who is genuinely supportive of your interests (and you in hers). Shared interests are a bonus, but if she doesn't live and breathe pinball, it really shouldn't be a deal breaker IMHO. My wife and share a love of food and netflix, but that's basically it. Even so, I've never had more fun with anyone in my life (married 6 years, together for 16 years). When you are with someone for a long time, I think it's more important to have separate (and shared interests) to keep things fresh and preserve sanity.

#12 6 years ago

I’ve been married for 15 years and with my wife for 20. She has had almost no interest in pinball.
Occasionally I’ll come home and she’ll be playing, which I crack up about. She has admitted to me that she really likes DI though.
I’m 47 and grew up playing and never imagined owning my own pins, but once you buy one, you then want another.
Eventually you’ll own a game she likes and she’ll play when you’re not around. I showed my wife initially how to turn on the game and I think she likes to play when nobody is around.

#13 6 years ago

I’m 60 now, and have been into pins since I was a teenager. Bought my first pin in 1990. My wife started to freak out when she started to see how much money I was spending, and how many pins I was bringing into the home. It wasn’t until we moved into another house and I had to sell the pins that she realized how much money I had made by selling them when I did. After that she never said a word and in fact has bought me three new in box pinball machines. I think the resale value helped a lot in my case.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

when my girlfriend of 2 years plays pinball with me she still hits both flippers at the same time repeatedly everytime the ball rolls toward the flippers. after numerous attempts to get her to concentrate on 1 flippers at a time. i gave up. drives me f!@#kin crazy!

Play split flipper with her and she will come around.

#15 6 years ago

If she cares about your interests, but isn't into some of them. You can work it out, and be respectful of her interests.

If she is against you having a life, only use her for booty calls. She'll move on eventually. Or dump her in an instant if the right one comes along.

LTG : )

#16 6 years ago

Does not compute ....

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

Question is what are you looking for? If you are looking for someone who shares your identical hobbies, you've just greatly narrowed your dating pool. I would say seek out someone who is genuinely supportive of your interests (and you in hers). Shared interests are a bonus, but if she doesn't live and breathe pinball, it really shouldn't be a deal breaker IMHO. My wife and share a love of food and netflix, but that's basically it. Even so, I've never had more fun with anyone in my life (married 6 years, together for 16 years). When you are with someone for a long time, I think it's more important to have separate (and shared interests) to keep things fresh and preserve sanity.

Well said! If you are dating someone that isn't accepting of the things that are important to you, then you are probably dating the wrong person.

#18 6 years ago

Let's be real, half the autistic neckbeards in this hobby wish they had a problem like this.

#19 6 years ago

It's ok if she's not into it as long as she doesn't care that you are. I will tell you one thing though for sure, if you let a woman change who you are you are making the biggest mistake of your life.

#20 6 years ago

Play naked for favors

#21 6 years ago

I'm sure she can change the man.

#22 6 years ago

You left out one important detail, how hot is she?

#23 6 years ago

Don’t forget that 100% of all divorces are caused by marriage.

#24 6 years ago

My wife is not interested in pinball at all and I'm fine with that. Her interests include home decorating, working out and being very active in most of our children's activities. I think that some time apart is healthy for most couples.

I'm at roughly 38 pins (all Stern) and blew out the basement just over a year ago so we could add some more video games and, of course, a few more pinball machines. Through all of this, she's never uttered a peep with the exception of when one of the builders made the mistake of using our first floor bathroom without taking his shoes off.

When I first got into the hobby, I purchased games that I thought my family would enjoy. As it turns out, none of them are fans of the silver ball and that is OK with me.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Bingo
Off to buy the 33rd throw pillow!

So, if you are saying that she actively dislikes the hobby. And also with

Quoted from HighProtein:

Dude, get out. The first 3 months are when people are still on best behavior / supposed to be pretty smooth going. It doesn't go up from here, it goes worse.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Play split flipper with her and she will come around.

I BEG your pardon!

#27 6 years ago

My wife only likes these 2 machines and she will say "can you play that game far far away" or how bout that game "another time" I tell her I just prefer to play That game one more time

#28 6 years ago

It makes it harder to use the line "Do you want to play with my balls?"

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

I BEG your pardon!

You on one flipper and her on the other.

#30 6 years ago

Just because she's not into pinball now doesn't mean that might not change in the future.

I wasn't into pinball when I met my husband. Wasn't something I grew up with. Thought it was OK when we played at arcades and bars but not something I would go out of my way to do. After we got married, bought a house and got our first pin - I figured I'd rarely play it but knew it was important to him. Having one at home changed things for me. It let me spend time playing outside of a bar/arcade scene where it's often loud and you can't hear the call outs or the volume is turned down. I finally started understanding that each game had rules and how to figure out those rules. I had opportunities to play on my own without anyone watching - which made made me more willing to try things and figure out new skills. Didn't have to shove quarters in - so that made it OK to have short ball times and learn more about being a decent player. Having one at home and having time to learn in a no pressure environment is really what allowed me to move from indifference to something I very much enjoy.

#32 6 years ago

See above

Who gives a F what they think about pinball

If she's a keeper hopefully she'll understand the nerd factor. There aren't any that will like it, so what.

I'm much happier that my wife and girls DON'T want to invade my pinball space now. I tried, now its don't bother me in the man cave!

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

It makes it harder to use the line "Do you want to play with my balls?"

It actually doesn't, she has a naughty sense of humor haha.

#34 6 years ago

In a previous relationship the girl said "Cody you play a lot of pinball to not get any high scores",
needless to say I've then achieved quite a few more high scores with the aid of this remark haha.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It's ok if she's not into it as long as she doesn't care that you are. I will tell you one thing though for sure, if you let a woman change who you are you are making the biggest mistake of your life.

That'll never happen, the term pinball life really is a thing, it's part of my life daily be it for "work", fun and or both.

#36 6 years ago

its like the guys that play golf with their wives........
something i wouldnt do. sometimes you need time to yourselves. nothing wrong with that.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

its like the guys that play golf with their wives........

I play every Sunday morning with my best friend from high school.

His wife showed up at the club one day to "surprise us." Luckily, my buddy still has his spine and balls intact and it never happened again.

#38 6 years ago

it's easy... enjoy the time she's not around...

#39 6 years ago

Your answer lies in three common pinball parts...

Screw, nut, bolt.

#40 6 years ago

Easiest solution I’ve found - Just date multiple women!

#41 6 years ago

A bunch of my old fighter pilot buddies say this always reminds them of me....

Once upon a time a fighter pilot found a beautiful princess and asked her, "Will you marry me?"

The princess said, "No!"

And the fighter pilot lived happily ever after and flew fast pointy-nosed jets all over the world and drove hot cars and chased skinny long-legged big-breasted flight attendants and hunted and fished and went to topless bars and dated women half his age and drank Weihenstephaner German beer and Sailor Jerry’s and never heard bitching and never paid child support or alimony and kept his house and guns and ate cold leftover meals, potato chips and beans and blew enormous farts and never got cheated on while he was at work and all his friends and family thought he was frickin' cool as hell and he had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up........

The End....

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Your answer lies in three common pinball parts...
Screw, nut, bolt.

That is almost worthy of a key post designation.

#43 6 years ago

Ugh, she rambles via text every day about things she's doing (a little is fine, but geez an essay a day?). So obviously if she asks me about my day, pinball and arcade games are involved with repairs, a game move, buy, sell, trade, etc...
I rarely reply to her texts until something is worthy of replying to. She's offered to help, like move a game or two, I just may take her up on that soon.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

You need to watch this:
» YouTube video

No truer words have ever been spoken

#45 6 years ago

Text her " hey baby girl did you know that spinners are not included in a pro model Stern?"

#46 6 years ago

try being married to a woman who shares none of your interest...lol..it blows

#47 6 years ago

It's easy - just go on any date... with any woman!

J/k... trooper is right - your life
Is so much better if you have some interests in common. I've tried it both ways; the first was a disaster because we never had common ground to come back to when we had disagreements. Kind of key.

But it doesn't have to be pinball!

#48 6 years ago

real nice pinball couple

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

How to date a woman not into pinball?
Focus only on anything in common...
Don't bring up pinball, even if its what you do
for a living. Don't show her your collection
or show her your games on location.
If she asks what you did during the day...
you did anything but something with pinball.
If you're going to a pinball convention and or tournament, say your visiting friends and or family.
A girl not into pinball doesn't change.
Indifference is closer to contempt than love.
P.s... pretend to be very intrigued by all of her dumb ass hobbies and interests.
Oh...

Seriously, WHY would you ever date a SO that does not embrace your hobbies and what you enjoy? Life is much too short for that nonsense!

So many amazing, beautiful, intelligent, funny, horny women out in the world to share your life with... might as well find one that enjoys your biggest hobbies.

#50 6 years ago

My wife has basically stopped giving a shit about my pinball addiction. (Just the way I like it). While she doesn't support it, she knows better than to make a stupid comment. I just have to open her walking closet and settle the clothesgurment / shoesgurment / pursegurment not to mention the beautygurment products invading the bathroom.

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-date-a-woman-not-into-pinball?hl=hawknole and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.