1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 75 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by DanTheGlassMan
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

12480388_10156338367180456_772014777_n.gif
88812640cd60e4f2ea8d87a99e86d41d--photography-quotes-funny-funny-memes (resized).jpg
kingpin (resized).jpg
tumblr_lnl77lANsW1qblh0ho1_500.png

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Play naked for favors

tumblr_lnl77lANsW1qblh0ho1_500.png

#52 1 year ago

I have been dating a much younger woman for 6 months or so that grew up in Europe and didn't have much familiarity with pinball. I got a machine 2 months ago and she thought it was a bit strange, (even though she likes Addams Family film) but now she asks me to play, and has suggested several times that she want to climb on top and have some hot streamy fun. Maybe she'd be considered a keeper by PINSIDE standards, lol.

My suggestion to the OP is to use some classical conditioning. Just try to get her to play for a little while to humor you. While she does, subtlely touch her, escalating further and further. Make some new memories for her and pair pinball with eroticism in her mind.

#53 1 year ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

and has suggested several times that she want to climb on top and have some hot streamy fun

Obligatory demand for pics or it didn’t happen.

#54 1 year ago

Tell her you're a pro bowler lol

kingpin (resized).jpg

#55 1 year ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

How to date a woman not into pinball?
Focus only on anything in common...
Don't bring up pinball, even if its what you do
for a living. Don't show her your collection
or show her your games on location.
If she asks what you did during the day...
you did anything but something with pinball.
If you're going to a pinball convention and or tournament, say your visiting friends and or family.
A girl not into pinball doesn't change.
Indifference is closer to contempt than love.
P.s... pretend to be very intrigued by all of her dumb ass hobbies and interests.
Oh...
Or just don't date a girl not into pinball at all.

It just depends on how much you are into pinball. You can reasonably expect that if the relationship continues that, at some point, you are going to have to make a choice. My question is why put yourself in that situation in the first place? If a woman doesn't like/love you for who you are, she is going to spend her time with you trying to mold you into who she (or her friends or her family) thinks you should be.

#56 1 year ago

You are a player and operator who runs numerous tourneys. She's totally not into pinball and you are "pretending to be intrigued by all of her dumb ass hobbies and interests"

So when's the wedding ?

#57 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That is almost worthy of a key post designation.

Almost? Come on that's my best material

#58 1 year ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

try being married to a woman who shares none of your interest...lol..it blows

That is almost as bad as being married to a woman who wants to be involved in absolutely all your interests.

#59 1 year ago

88812640cd60e4f2ea8d87a99e86d41d--photography-quotes-funny-funny-memes (resized).jpg

#60 1 year ago

Hum, interesting thread...

Well, I'm 50, married close to 25. My wife really dislike my hobbies... But I always sticked to her...
Bad choice, as for me asking for marrying was the best proof of love, but for her seems it was an error to accept...
By the end our lifes are more and more separating.

As I'm a player since I was a kid, I won't change, and even if she was changing her mind, this won't arrange the deal.
So divorce will be the next step.

Conclusion, find the lady who cares for you, what you are and what you like. If she does so, you will certainly do the same and everybody will be happy.

#61 1 year ago

12480388_10156338367180456_772014777_n.gif

#62 1 year ago

How does the joke go, God gave me a life sentence, but the judge cut it to 25 years. Here's one for you, I tried making my own wine and beer 20 years ago. Wife thought it was the dumbest idea ever. We divorced 2 years ago. Her current boyfriend is in to wine and guess who is now making wine in her basement. Thats not a code for something else. My ex hated my pinball hobby, refuse to ever play or have anything to do with it. I sold some of my boxing collection and bought a massaging chair with it. She refused to sit in it. Anything that brought me joy, she was against. Get out while you can. By the way, my current girlfriend enjoys pinball and loves the massaging chair. Plus she's younger and gorgeous.

#63 1 year ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Let's be real, half the autistic neckbeards in this hobby wish they had a problem like this.

Hey! I don't have a neckbeard.

#64 1 year ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

try being married to a woman who shares none of your interest...lol..it blows

Wrong. It is awesome. It is your personal "leave me alone" time. Cherish it. Embrace it. Nothing wrong with having different interests. It is healthier in the long run to not be up each other's asses all the time. As long as she isn't a hindrance to your interests, no harm done.

#65 1 year ago
Quoted from jesster64:

By the way, my current girlfriend enjoys pinball and loves the massaging chair. Plus she's younger and gorgeous.

Upgraded from outgassed SS to DMD

#66 1 year ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Wrong. It is awesome. It is your personal "leave me alone" time. Cherish it. Embrace it. Nothing wrong with having different interests. It is healthier in the long run to not be up each other's asses all the time. As long as she isn't a hindrance to your interests, no harm done.

A-Frickin'-men

#67 1 year ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

Question is what are you looking for? If you are looking for someone who shares your identical hobbies, you've just greatly narrowed your dating pool. I would say seek out someone who is genuinely supportive of your interests (and you in hers). Shared interests are a bonus, but if she doesn't live and breathe pinball, it really shouldn't be a deal breaker IMHO. My wife and share a love of food and netflix, but that's basically it. Even so, I've never had more fun with anyone in my life (married 6 years, together for 16 years). When you are with someone for a long time, I think it's more important to have separate (and shared interests) to keep things fresh and preserve sanity.

Boosting this message.
In a healthy relationship you should just be generally supportive of each other and each other's endeavours. Some crossover in hobbies is great, but not necessary.

1 month later
#68 1 year ago

I made this a while back...
(Somebody added Funhouse to it)
When I really liked fan layout games...

#69 1 year ago

I basically had to finally let the gal that I've been dating go her own way. Besides the fact I've gotta spend some of Friday and Saturday nights at the local arcade bar helping out, she wasn't supportive of my career/calling and also blamed me for not being good at teaching her pinball haha. Also, she said she didn't see the skill in playing it haha.

#70 1 year ago

Your free!!! Don't worry the right one is out there.

#71 1 year ago

Here is the answer. Marry a good girl that is a good person and have kids and groom the kids to be into it. A good woman will be happy if her kids are happy and have a good relationship with their father. He bonus is you will be closer with your kids having this fun thing to do with them and closer with your wife because of it. Like the saying happy wife happy life.

#72 1 year ago

and here i am all along thinking "ask lloyd" was the dating advice sub-forum.

#73 1 year ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

finally let the gal that I've been dating go her own way

Quoted from HighProtein:

she wasn't supportive of my career/calling and also blamed me for not being good at teaching her pinball

Next....

#74 1 year ago

It's not true love if she doesn't like pinball.

#75 1 year ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Get prepared for lots of eye rolls.
My wife doesn’t share any of my hobbies. I don’t share to much about what I’m going to do. She knows that I’m going to do what I want anyways. If I spend my money on a game and just show up at home with a new toy she doesn’t really care. Why get mad at me when it’s not going to change who I am. We’ve been together for over 15 years, almost married for a decade.
If she wants to change you then she’s not worth keeping. Find someone that accepts you as you are.

My wife and i exactly to a T. Couldnt have been more well said

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 139.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 64.00
$ 1,000.00
$ 69.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 689.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
$ 8.00
Cabinet Parts
Pinball Haus
$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 9,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 65.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gold Wings Repro Ramp Out of stock
Vandelay Industries
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 11.95
$ 42.00
There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside