Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by SonicZone
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Hey guys,i know how to start tournament,set pricing,days,hours and minutes for running and how to enable it but i don't know rules for tournament(How to win it,how to post tournament high score and win cash prize amount?).Extra balls are disabled on tournament maybe because most of tournaments disables extra ball,but can someone please describe me how to control(play)tournament?

#2 5 years ago

if you area talking about the TOPS tournament stuff, the standings and payouts you set up will scroll thru on the attract screen on the dmd

basically the high score at the end of the date you set will win the % of money you set up.

#3 5 years ago

I talking about stern game's tournament,but i every time i get high score after i started a tournament i instead get a one of high scores #1,#2,#3,#4 or grand champion,so do i must to click on tournament start button to play tournament?If not,for what is used this button?

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from pekilica:

click on tournament start button to play tournament?

If you have a TOPS Tournament running, you need to hit the tournament start button to play in the tournament. If you push the regular start button, you don't play in the tournament, you are playing a regular game.

LTG : )

#5 5 years ago

Is tops tournament same as classic tournament?

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from pekilica:

Is tops tournament same as classic tournament?

I have no idea what you mean by classic tournament.

What is the name of the game you are trying this on ?

#7 5 years ago

I trying on spiderman vault edition and i don't know how tops tournament starts,only if its tournament i start in service menu

#8 5 years ago

do you have a secondary button under your start button installed. This is typically how you would start the TOPS tournament

keep in mind, the current time you try and play the TOPS tournament must fall into the time parameters you set for it. the tournament must be current date and time to be active.

#9 5 years ago

Wow, i think you're making this to complicated. Usually on a newer Stern the game is like $1 per play or 3 games for $2. The tournament setting is usuall $1.50 or maybe $2 per game. Tournament games need to cost more because a portion of game cost goes to the prize pool and what's left goes to operator and location split. Once the game has been coined up the player must choose what they want. Regular game or tournament game. The game will display the regular game high score table and also give you current tournament standings.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

do you have a secondary button under your start button installed. This is typically how you would start the TOPS tournament
    keep in mind, the current time you try and play the TOPS tournament must fall into the time parameters you set for it. the tournament must be current date and time to be active.

I have

#11 5 years ago

That's true that you need the tournament button installed in game in the hole which has a plastic button plug installed at the factory. Stern removed the button years ago as a cost cutting measure and you need to buy one and wire it in.

#12 5 years ago

you have to the button question or the settings or both?

you may be able to start the tournament by holding in both flipper buttons for several seconds, not sure on that one as I have the button installed on my star trek, but might be worth a shot.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

you have to the button question or the settings or both?
    you may be able to start the tournament by holding in both flipper buttons for several seconds, not sure on that one as I have the button installed on my star trek, but might be worth a shot.

I have to settings if you ask me for tournament.Holding the left flipper button during attract mode will enable competition mode for 5 seconds(begin it by pressing start)and i think its same as tournament.

#14 5 years ago

No, i think that's competition mode which makes all random modes come up in the same order for all players which is something you would want in a league play situation.

#15 5 years ago

And EBs are maybe disabled for competition

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from pekilica:

i think its same as tournament.

No it takes away random features, and things like that to make the game play identical for each player in a game where more than one person is playing.

It has nothing to do with running a TOPS tournament.

#17 5 years ago

I've run a few of these tournaments before, and Competition Mode is NOT the same thing as playing a tournament game. Tournament games ALWAYS disable extra balls along with ALL free game wins (replay, special, match, high score award, etc.) Not so w/competition games.

To play a tournament game, the player MUST start from the installed optional "Tournament Start" button already mentioned, otherwise the score won't place among the tournament leaders. (Tournament scores NEVER go into Grand Champion/High Scores #1 - #4.) If the T/S button's wired properly, its lamp should blink (just like the Start button) IF AND ONLY IF enough credits are on the game to play a tournament game as it's set it up for. When starting from that T/S button, the very first thing you should see on the display is "Spider-Man Tournament" or words to that effect with "Tournament" in big block caps. (If there aren't enough credits, display will instead show "<X> Credits For Tournament Game.") At the game's end, display will say either "Sorry Player <X>, You Did Not Qualify, Please Try Again!" or "Player <X> - You Qualified!" followed by a 20-character name entry screen and then a PIN number entry.

If none of the above is happening, there are several possible causes:

1) Tournament is not started/active
    2) Tournament is not configured properly
    3) System time+date is not correct
    4) Tournament Start button may not be wired in correctly (go into switch test and check it, make sure the button's coming up on the display as "Tournament Start" and NOT "Start Button"; I once came across an instance where a T/S button was crudely parallel-wired across the regular Start button so they both start a regular non-T game - idiotic ;D )

Hope this helps.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-control-tournament-on-stern-games?hl=pekilica and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.