Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by shimoda
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Any suggestions about how to get a response from MAD Amusements? I bought a plastic from them 2 weeks ago that I couldn't find anywhere else. After over a week, I still had not gotten any confirmation emails from them that my order had gone through, except for the PayPal notification that I sent them money. I emailed them at that point, and now almost a week later I still have not gotten a response to my email or the sale.

I'm assuming this place is not a scam. Has anyone else ordered from them recently and gotten responses / product?

#2 10 years ago

Oh man you are in for a real treat..... just type in MAD amusement in the search field and find out for yourself....

#3 10 years ago

I placed an order on 3/24 and received on 3/28. One of the best packaging jobs I've seen on any of my pinball/arcade parts orders too. I've seen lots of horror stories about them online but I've never had a problem with any of the 5 orders I've placed since 2012.

There's a phone number in the header of their website: 732-575-4228. Have you tried calling?

#4 10 years ago

We have never had a problem dealing with them over the years, but as they say, its not a problem until it is. Please let us know if this gets resolved. I hope they are not having any issues...they are a good vendor and have great dmd prices.

#5 10 years ago

I have been dealing with them for years now and everything been great ,it does take time as they have been really busy lately with orders

#6 10 years ago

Been buying from mike for over 6 years. Never an issue.~SpOoKy

#7 10 years ago

The same way a man shaves his beard. you don't
    https://vine.co/v/b3tmHaLPVX2

on the serious side. I never had an issue with MAD great stuff shipped quickly.

#8 10 years ago

I'm still waiting for a response from 3 months ago where I left 2 voicemails and 2 emails.

#9 10 years ago

I have not had a problem ordering 4 times, just to give you some positive vibes here.

#10 10 years ago

Ordered Thursday, will be here tomorrow. I did try calling about something but never got Mike. I have reached him by phone before though, a few times. No problems yet.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from shimoda:

No problems yet.

No offense to Shimoda but "yet" is the right word. Mike at Mad Amusements has a well deserved rep for indiscriminately flying off the handle, banning legitimate customers and stealing international customer's money. "Yet", the apologists rush to his defense because they have "yet" to be burned, and enjoy his cheap prices. Good luck with this. I wouldn't recommend buying a thing from this guy.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from Piparoo:

No offense to Shimoda but "yet" is the right word. Mike at Mad Amusements has a well deserved rep for indiscriminately flying off the handle, banning legitimate customers and stealing international customer's money. "Yet", the apologists rush to his defense because they have "yet" to be burned, and enjoy his cheap prices. Good luck with this. I wouldn't recommend buying a thing from this guy.

Well said and I agree totally!

#13 10 years ago

I bought some stuff from MAD and then two weeks later got a notice from Paypal that my money was refunded. In the note section, someone from MAD stated that they left several voicemails with me and sent me several emails but could not get ahold of me. Needless to say, I did not recieve any emails or vms. I called and left a message a week ago, but no return call.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from Euchrid:

I bought some stuff from MAD and then two weeks later got a notice from Paypal that my money was refunded. In the note section, someone from MAD stated that they left several voicemails with me and sent me several emails but could not get ahold of me. Needless to say, I did not recieve any emails or vms. I called and left a message a week ago, but no return call.

Check your PayPal primary email.

I just had to change mine; it was an ancient email address from 10 years ago... I wasn't receiving any receipts and finally traced it to the old email address.

#15 10 years ago

Never had any issues buying from them. Sure the guy can be a bit short on the telephone but whatever, so can Steve Young.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from maldoror:

Never had any issues buying from them. Sure the guy can be a bit short on the telephone but whatever, so can Steve Young.

No, the guy can be a complete sh#% head on the phone and in person! he also has cheated many people out of their money. Blah, blah, I've had nothing but great purchases from Mad, that's all most people say in these threads that keep surfacing about Mad, just wait til he screws you too. Keep buying from him and you will see! The guy deserves to go under in my opinion, plain and simple. Read all the negative threads about him.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gnatty:

The guy deserves to go under in my opinion, plain and simple. Read all the negative threads about him.

Or be behind bars

#18 10 years ago

Placed order yesterday, coming tomorrow! I have always had good service from MAD.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gnatty:

Blah, blah, I've had nothing but great purchases from Mad, that's all most people say in these threads that keep surfacing about Mad, just wait til he screws you too.

So are you suggesting that people that have had no problems have a problem or should complain about something we haven't experienced? If other people have been screwed that is not okay, but to brush off customers who haven't had an issue as Blah, blah, I've had nothing but great purchases... it's as if you want anyone who hasn't had a problem to just shut up and not participate in the thread. For some things there are occasions where only one of the vendors has a part, others someone just has a better price. Whatever the reason we shop where we shop. I can only assume that you have personally had a bad experience and it sounds as if you have personally lost money to him without recompense. If that is the case it should be rectified, period. But for those of us who haven't there isn't a need to be badgered because we offer up a different experience.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-contact-mad-amusements and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.