9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by CNKay
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I just got some old 50s bingo playfields that I want to use as art. Theyre pretty clean except
    one which has that old brown haze to it. I rubbed a corner with a damp rag and it came off
    with some elbow grease, so I think its cleanable. I'm wondering what the dos and donts
    are with these playfields. I dont know if Novus, carnuba wax, etc are off limits or what.
    Any advice would be appreciated

#2 9 years ago

i think i was ok with using novice2 on mine. just use a small amount work in small area with fingertip not much pressure and test. the brown haze may just be heavy cigarette smoke. i know the paint seems thin or just different than pins. or just try a little IPA and very lite pressure magic eraser. then if you want it super fast you need to read the pledge thread. oh wait your just using for art nevermind.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-clean-woodrail-playfields and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.