7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by jecase
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

I just received my first set of Titan silicone rings. They really look nice. I chose to start in a moderate way with all white. I did not find a topic on the best way to keep them clean. I know they will be much easier than rubber rings. Should I use Novus 1, Scrubbing Bubbles, Magic Eraser or something else? I want something where I do not have to worry about damage to playfield or plastics. Thanks----

#2 7 years ago

Tried lighter fluid or isopropyl alcohol?

#3 7 years ago

I'm not sure if I'd use Naphtha on silicone rings, as I've read somewhere that naphtha will soften silicone. It might be alright in a pinch, but I bet a bit of Novus 2 would do the trick just fine.

#4 7 years ago

For these and normal rubbers, I like pinball life rubber cleaner. Plant based non toxic, and priced reasonable. Also works good on the white wall tires on my friends motorcycle we found.

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from jecase:

I just received my first set of Titan silicone rings. They really look nice. I chose to start in a moderate way with all white. I did not find a topic on the best way to keep them clean. I know they will be much easier than rubber rings. Should I use Novus 1, Scrubbing Bubbles, Magic Eraser or something else? I want something where I do not have to worry about damage to playfield or plastics. Thanks----

1. Try wiping with a plain microfiber cloth first. If still dirty,
    2. Spray a little Novus 1 on a microfiber cloth and wipe the rings.

It's that easy.

This is all I've ever used with Perfect Play and Titan silicone rings.

#6 7 years ago

I love this stuff. Its all i use for cleaning the rubbers.
    http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/CP-100

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I love this stuff. Its all i use for cleaning the rubbers.
    http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/CP-100

That what I use.

#8 7 years ago

Gasoline for the aroma.

#9 7 years ago

Washing machine or novus 1

#10 7 years ago

I am assuming that the Marco cleaner is petroleum based since it says no water. I understand that Novus is water based. It sounds like about half of you prefer a petroleum product and half a water based material. On newer machines, I think I would prefer a water based material if it was equally effective.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-clean-titan-rubbers-and-rings and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.