6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by JimFNB
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sprayway (resized).jpeg
    Sparkle (resized).jpg
    photo(4).JPG
    IPBglass05.jpg
    DSCN2172.JPG

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 months ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Been using this from Walmart for years.
    Works great and no ammonia. Only $2.00 a can and it lasts forever.[quoted image]

Best glass cleaner ever.

#52 10 months ago
    Quoted from NoQuarters:

How about Stoner Invisibleglass Cleaner ?
    https://www.invisibleglass.com/products

I found on their fact sheet that it is amonnia free and safe on auto tints so I think it is ok.

( I have several cans of this that I use on my regular pin glass and for my cars - hence my initial question )

Thanks for the suggestions of other products too.

#53 10 months ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Works great and no ammonia. Only $2.00 a can and it lasts forever.[quoted image]

Same stuff I’ve been using for years on my hobbit (and other games without invisiglass).

#54 10 months ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

But then I'd have to go to Walmart so I'll just stick with Sparkle.

#55 10 months ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

But then I'd have to go to Walmart so I'll just stick with Sparkle.

I agree. Lol.
    Technically I get it from my dad who happens to work for a supply company.
    But since most people don’t have that luxury I listed Walmart.
    But Home Depot sells it as well.

#56 10 months ago

Buy a small spray bottle, fill it with a 50/50 mix of ipa and water. Can’t get much cheaper than that, lasts a long time.

#57 10 months ago

Someone I know recommends using Novus 1 to clean invisoglass. Good or bad?

#58 10 months ago

Yes, a little alcohol to get the nasty stuff off. A little breath huff and elbow grease with a good cloth does the rest. I like Wypalls L40. They are disposable, but very reusable. I use it on art framing glass and plexi daily.

Novus is not a cleaner, it's abrasive.

#59 10 months ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Buy a small spray bottle, fill it with a 50/50 mix of ipa and water. Can’t get much cheaper than that, lasts a long time.

IPA?

#61 10 months ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

IsoPropyl alcohol, aka rubbing alcohol.

Ah, gotcha! I figured it had to be an alcohol of some kind (and not an India Pale Ale) but hadn't heard that acronym before.

#62 10 months ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Ah, gotcha! I figured it had to be an alcohol of some kind (and not an India Pale Ale) but hadn't heard that acronym before.

Hahahaha....I thought the same thing. Must be because it’s friday evening and I need a beer.

#63 10 months ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Works great and no ammonia. Only $2.00 a can and it lasts forever.[Sprayway can image]

Thanks - I picked up a can of this today. Does a nice job of cleaning, but it's also SUPER PERFUMEY! I sprayed only a short burst to try it out on a game and my garage gameroom (with the doors open) still stinks an hour later. WHOA!

I think I'll just stick with the 50% distilled water/50% isopropyl alcohol/few drops of Dawn detergent mix I've been using for a couple years now. Not as handy since you have to mix it, but no real smell either and it cleans just fine.

#64 10 months ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I picked up a can of this today. Does a nice job of cleaning, but it's also SUPER PERFUMEY!

That's good to know. I hate stuff that leaves behind a heavy scent. I won't even burn scented candles in my home.

#65 10 months ago
    Quoted from planters49:

The cleaning instructions from jersey jack actually says to use Sparkle

Also states you can use Windex with vinegar.

#66 10 months ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Someone I know recommends using Novus 1 to clean invisoglass. Good or bad?

Novus 3 and high speed buffer!

#67 10 months ago

What about ammonia free Windex?

#68 10 months ago

I just purchased some of this myself

#69 10 months ago
    Quoted from DHG:

As I previously mentioned, JJP instructions say Windex Vinegar works.

I have another question... Is anyone using microfiber cloths from Amazon Basics?

I find that they leave these little hairline marks all over the glass when you wipe the glass down.

#70 10 months ago
    Quoted from Damien:

As I previously mentioned, JJP instructions say Windex Vinegar works.
    I have another question... Is anyone using microfiber cloths from Amazon Basics?
    I find that they leave these little hairline marks all over the glass when you wipe the glass down.

Wipe the glass with a completely dry towel it will take those marks up. Sounds crazy but it works.

#71 10 months ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

This. Mixed some up in a Home Depot spray bottle a few years ago after I got my first sheet of PDI and have been using it with a microfiber cloth ever since. I use it on all my games and I have only gone through about half of the original bottle. Works great and lasts forever.

#72 10 months ago
    Quoted from Gorgar123:

This. Mixed some up in a Home Depot spray bottle a few years ago after I got my first sheet of PDI and have been using it with a microfiber cloth ever since. I use it on all my games and I have only gone through about half of the original bottle. Works great and lasts forever.

what kind of microfibers are you guys using? Anyone know of any bulk deals to be had?

#73 10 months ago
    Quoted from DHG:

That's what I use on mine. Works well.

#74 10 months ago
    Quoted from Damien:

what kind of microfibers are you guys using? Anyone know of any bulk deals to be had?

I buy the Kirkland brand from Costco, works great for all things pinball.

#75 10 months ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

I buy the Kirkland brand from Costco, works great for all things pinball.

These?

Kirkland Signature Ultra High Pile Premium Microfiber Towels (36-Pack) amazon.com link »

#76 10 months ago
    Quoted from Damien:

I use microfiber towels that are specifically labeled for glass cleaning such as these:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Real-Clean-16x16-Premium-Microfiber-Blue-Window-Glass-Cleaning-Towel-Cloths-for-Home-Auto-Office-Electronics-Streak-Free-and-No-Lint-Left-Behind/170566365

Their fabric texture is different than general purpose microfiber cleaning towels (which I also use for pinball cleaning/waxing purposes). They're more expensive too, but they don't leave lint or fibers behind.

#77 10 months ago
    Quoted from Damien:

These?
    Kirkland Signature Ultra High Pile Premium Microfiber Towels (36-Pack) amazon.com link »

Yep, those are the ones I use.

#78 10 months ago

How do you guys clean the microfiber cloths? Just stick them in the washing machine with Tide (or similar) or is the regular detergent bad for coated glass?

#79 10 months ago
    Quoted from Spelunk71:

How do you guys clean the microfiber cloths? Just stick them in the washing machine with Tide (or similar) or is the regular detergent bad for coated glass?

Regular wash and dry (on their own though) per instructions with/on cloths.

#80 9 months ago

Be sure not to use a liquid softener in the washer or a dryer sheet like Bounce with microfiber (or any towels, really). They'll become less absorbent and leave streaks.

Trust Merry Maids on this -- https://www.merrymaids.com/blog/diy/how-to-clean-microfiber-cloth/

Quoted from Spelunk71:

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 19.95
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 25.00
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 70.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    $ 9.00
    Playfield - Other
    Hdmike mods
    $ 129.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 149.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 189.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 22.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 114.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 64.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 87.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    € 222.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Buthamburg
    $ 79.99
    There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside