Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 91 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by merfeldma
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D36ABA3B-F776-4B9A-A78F-B734E76BF536 (resized).jpeg
    41247F1A-6857-4FC2-B2C7-D9D81144D23B (resized).jpeg
    sprayway (resized).jpeg
    Sparkle (resized).jpg
    photo(4).JPG
    IPBglass05.jpg
    DSCN2172.JPG
    There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

need to get fingerprints out and i know you cant use Windex...

#3 11 years ago

I believe you can use a mixture of isopropyl alcohol and distilled water. Not sure of the percentage. By the way, I love your 'Bad Taste' avatar!

#4 11 years ago

I bought a spray bottle for $1.98 at Lowes and mixed 1/2 distilled water and 1/2 Isopropyl alcohol like the instructions said for the Invisiglass. Isopropyl is just rubbing alcohol, and distilled water is in jugs at the grocery store.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Isopropyl is just rubbing alcohol

Be careful with this. Some containers labeled "rubbing" alcohol have more than alcohol and water in them, like oils and moisturizers, because they are intended to be rubbed into the skin.

#6 11 years ago

I meant 100% isopropyl alcohol. Sorry.

#7 11 years ago

I believe you can use a product called Sparkle as well.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

I believe you can use a product called Sparkle as well.

Is that the purple stuff? I have memories of my family using it to clean windows back in the 70's and 80's. I didn't realize it was still made.

#9 11 years ago

Here's a pic. My wife gets it at Big Lots. Also a shot of my MM after cleaning my Glare-Free glass with it. Can't even tell the glass is there. I'm still utterly amazed at this glass.

DSCN2172.JPGDSCN2172.JPG IPBglass05.jpgIPBglass05.jpg

#10 11 years ago

Big lots huh, Sparkle time tomorrow for me.

#11 11 years ago

Appreciate this thread. Did not know you could not use windex.

So will sparkle work on invisiglass and pdi glass?

#12 11 years ago

I used windex on mine and it was no problem but I like Sparkle better as less streaks.

#13 11 years ago

I think ammonia is the problem with using most window cleaners.

#14 11 years ago

I am actually very surprised more people do not know about sparkle...I also use it on my saltwater tank glass in addition to PDI glass...works the best!

#15 11 years ago

It's very interesting the instructions are pretty clear on a few points:

1) Use a microfiber cloth.
    2) Do not use ammonia. I think any ammonia free glass cleaner will due.
    3) Do not spray the cleaner on the glass. Spraay it on the cloth, then clean the glass with it. I think this is due to the coated nature of the glass and trying to keep the glass coating intact for as long as possible.

#16 11 years ago

Best buy also sells a LCD tv screen cleaner.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

Best buy also sells a LCD tv screen cleaner.

Yes, and you are getting ripped off if you buy it!

#18 11 years ago

Menards sells the Sparkle as well.

#19 11 years ago

Notice how Sparkle says ammonia free. Ammonia is harsh on the coatings on the PDI and Invisiglass.
    That is why windex is not recommended but sparkle is probably ok.

#20 11 years ago

Ammonia is the issue as far as I understood it as well. I tint windows and to remove old tint I use 100% ammonia. It dissolves the old glue if left to soak a while. The coatings on PDI and Invisiglass are probably similar.

If you have tinted windows on your car/truck they should have told you to use ammonia free glass cleaner. Sparkle is hands down the winner from stuff I have used. I has been around for a long time.

#21 11 years ago

You spend 300 on a sheet of glass yet u want to save 2 dollars on sparkle. True pinballers.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

You spend 300 on a sheet of glass yet u want to save 2 dollars on sparkle. True pinballers.

Not sure what you're driving at, David. Did I miss where people are hemming and hawing about the cost of glass cleaner? I do read where some folks are concerned that their $300 glass might be damaged by using the wrong cleaning product, regardless of cost. Clarity please? (Get it? Glass, cleaner, clarity?

#23 11 years ago

Thanks for the tip. I will go look for sparkle. Best Buy ya'll say?

#24 11 years ago

You can score a 33oz. bottle and 1 gallon refill bundle on homedepot.com with free shipping for $8.

#25 11 years ago

I picked up some of this and seems to work really well on my non PDI glass....

(ammonia free)
    http://www.lowes.com/pd_399179-316-HG-96050_0__?Ntt=399179&productId=3726819&rpp=16

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

You spend 300 on a sheet of glass yet u want to save 2 dollars on sparkle

but if he saves 2 dollars on 150 bottles, then it's like getting his sheet of invisaglass for free!

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Yes, and you are getting ripped off if you buy it!

I was commenting on this quote. Not yours Cliffy. Keep up the good work.

Personally I clean my iniviglass as little as possible. I use pinball covers.

Cleaning risks scratching.

My friend told me about LCD TV screen cleaner. His was so clear, I swore it wasnt there!! I said BS theres no glass on it. My face was a foot away and I still could not see it. Sold!

Iniviglass is amazing. photo(4).JPGphoto(4).JPG

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

but if he saves 2 dollars on 150 bottles, then it's like getting his sheet of invisaglass for free!

Haha! Gotta love the pinhead logic!

#29 11 years ago

Got some ordered from home depot. Great tip swf127; many thanks!

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from swf127:

You can score a 33oz. bottle and 1 gallon refill bundle on homedepot.com with free shipping for $8.

Thanks for the heads-up! Just ordered some.

#31 11 years ago

Oh damn!! I put down my Invisiglass and now I can't find it!!!

#32 11 years ago

I clean a lot of telescope eyepieces (lens) which have very delicate coatings.

A mixture isopropyl alcohol (as pure as possible) and “steamed” distilled water is very good as well. Mixture can be 50/50. This is what I have been using and works well.

Also...best to have any "debri" blown off so you not creating scratches. Do no apply directly but as they say..spay onto a microfiber cloth.

#33 11 years ago

Vyzer is wizer!

#34 11 years ago

Does anyone have some recommendations on a place to buy large, reasonably priced, lint-free microfiber towels.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

The cleaning instructions from jersey jack actually says to use Sparkle

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Does anyone have some recommendations on a place to buy large, reasonably priced, lint-free microfiber towels.

SAMs or another wholesale store should have a decent price on them...

#37 11 years ago

Alright, I told my reception to be on the look out for my Sparkle glass cleaner . . . she now thinks I am totally insane.

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Does anyone have some recommendations on a place to buy large, reasonably priced, lint-free microfiber towels

harbor freight sells them in packages of 4 or 12 (12"x12" cloths) for under $2.50 and $5.50 respectively

http://www.harborfreight.com/4-piece-microfiber-cleaning-cloths-68440.html
    http://www.harborfreight.com/12-piece-microfiber-cleaning-cloths-68441.html

#39 11 years ago

Invisiglass looks fantastic. Unfortunately as long as I have cats that walk around on the pinballs there is no way I am paying for expensive glass. Stupid cats.

#40 11 years ago

Gweem harbor freight is located on Dundee road by Portillos in that mall with Kohls. Sam's club is where I bought my bulk package.

Great tip on sparkle from home depot and free shipping.

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

Gweem harbor freight is located on Dundee road by Portillos in that mall with Kohls ...

Thanks! I'll head over there tomorrow, and probably grab a beef with sweet peppers while I'm at it.

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from paul_8788:

Invisiglass looks fantastic. Unfortunately as long as I have cats that walk around on the pinballs there is no way I am paying for expensive glass. Stupid cats.

Another reason to be a dog owner.

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I bought a large bag of around 30 at O 'Reily's auto parts store. I forget the price but they were the best price....until after I bought them. Then I saw them cheaper at Walmart. I was not very disappointed though because the Wally ones were all one color. The bag I got at O'Reilys has several colors and I use different colors for different tasks. They are orange, green, yellow, and blue. Might be others. Both locations keep them with the auto cleaning stuff. While you are there you can pick up a new can of 100% Carnuba wax. Same location.

#44 11 years ago

If invisiglass falls and shatters but no one was around to see it did it happen?

If you cannot take a picture it did not happen.

5 years later
    #45 6 years ago

My new jjp has tape stuck to the invisiglass, and it will not come off easily. On normal glass I'd scrape it off, what the hell do I do here?

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from monsterbaldy:

My new jjp has tape stuck to the invisiglass, and it will not come off easily. On normal glass I'd scrape it off, what the hell do I do here?

Try a little goo gone

#47 6 years ago

Where to get Sparkle in Europe? Don't want to be cheap, but the postage from USA is killing it for me.
    Or what could be a good alternate choice that I could get from Europe?

Sparkle (resized).jpgSparkle (resized).jpg

6 months later
    #48 5 years ago

How about Stoner Invisibleglass Cleaner ?

https://www.invisibleglass.com/products

#49 5 years ago
    Quoted from NoQuarters:

How about Stoner Invisibleglass Cleaner ?
    https://www.invisibleglass.com/products

That stuff would probably work nicely, but I still say Sparkle is the best way to go. It works great, and it's dirt cheap ...

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Sparkle-161-8oz-Glass-Cleaner-Spray-Bottle-and-Refill-Combo-Pack-20515/203261397

#50 5 years ago

Been using this from Walmart for years.
    Works great and no ammonia. Only $2.00 a can and it lasts forever.

sprayway (resized).jpegsprayway (resized).jpeg
    There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-clean-invisiglass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.