Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by vid1900
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I am sure this has been asked a million times in one way or another, but I can't find a thread to answer my question exactly. I am looking to clean a WH2O diamond plate playfield (and wax it if necessary). It isn't terribly dirty, just need a general cleaning from some residue in the areas you'd expect. Any advice on what I should use to do this? Novus?

#2 8 years ago

Novus 1.

#3 8 years ago

Novus 1 will be more than capable of taking care of surface dirt and dust. For filthy areas a little Novus 2 will help followed by Novus 1 to remove leftover residue. Many swear by Novus 2 alone but this is an abrasive cleaner and people are slowly destroying their playfield when using Novus 2 constantly.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Novus 1 will be more than capable of taking care of surface dirt and dust. For filthy areas a little Novus 2 will help followed by Novus 1 to remove leftover residue. Many swear by Novus 2 alone but this is an abrasive cleaner and people are slowly destroying their playfield when using Novus 2 constantly.

Slowly is the key word here. People have been using it for over 20 years on DP games, and I haven't seen damage yet that could be directly attributed to it.

#5 8 years ago

So is constantly. I mean I haven't seen any real world examples either, but for me personally using nothing but Novus 2 on a worn out playfield with thinning clear is mostly out of the question. And I don't even own any games. Different strokes for different folks.

#6 8 years ago

Any thoughts on the necessity of waxing the playfield as well?

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Any thoughts on the necessity of waxing the playfield as well?

It helps protect and makes the game play faster. Do not use a liquid wax or any wax with and additives or cleaners. Use a wax like blitz wax.

#8 8 years ago

Excellent, thanks for the help.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

I am sure this has been asked a million times in one way or another, but I can't find a thread to answer my question exactly.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cleaning-and-waxing-pinball-machines-vids-guide

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-clean-diamond-plate-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.