(Topic ID: 65300)

How to clean a game: Chuck-E-Cheese style.

By Frax

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Atomicboy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bob_cleaning.png
    DSCN1855.JPG
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    oxaw9.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Observed this lunacy the other day... so apparently, this is how you do it right:

1. Turn on machine.
    2. Clean the legs, with windex and a dirty rag. Make sure you spray liberally getting windex all over the cabinet in the process.
    3. Pull the glass.
    4. Pull the lockdown bar. Clean it with windex/dirty rag.
    5. Move your four foot tool cart between you and the peoples so they can't see what you're doing. Maybe.
    6. Pull out your denatured alcohol, magic eraser.
    7. Start to remove random plastics from the game, while attempting to look like you know what you're doing.
    8. Spray windex on the ramps (with the game still on, very important), playfield, and anywhere else you think it might need it. Make sure you use way too much, you wouldn't want to accidentally leave any wax in place the last guy might've put on there, or not make sure the inside of the light sockets don't get cleaned!
    9. Scrub playfield with magic eraser.
    10. Wipe down with dirty rag, casually cleaning up your overspray onto the inside part of the cabinet.
    11. Walk around for 5-10 minutes.
    12. Clean legs again.
    13. Clean lockdown bar again.
    14. Replace glass and lockdown bar.
    15. Clean top of glass, since that's the only part now exposed, and the lockdown bar again.
    16. Clean legs.
    17. Give it a play test to make sure that nothing is on fire.
    18. You're done! Go talk to the other employees, who find you wierd anyways because you "know how to work on a pinball machine."

Make sure that at NO POINT during this process, you make any attempt to adjust any malfunctioning switch, work on the flipper mechs, replace broken rubbers, fix dirty optos that don't allow people to lock the balls, or clean the DMD plastic which looks like smoked plexi.

You're done!

#5 10 years ago

Pic or it didnt happen, right?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#10 10 years ago

They have a corporate policy AFAIK that doesn't allow them to have outside people work on the games, or to sell them to third party. They're actually obligated by their policy to destroy pins when they are done with them, last I was told by someone familiar with their corp. rules. Course, that was a year and a half ago but I doubt much has changed.

#14 10 years ago

"At least they were cleaning it. "

With SANDPAPER.

#18 10 years ago

Yeah, I rolled the POTC that was at one of our local ones for tickets so many times that they actually removed the ability to win tickets from it. >=\

#53 10 years ago
    Quoted from limelime20:

Frax,
    Why didn't you go over and help educate the kid on how to properly clean a machine?
    Instead you just watched , listing a play by play...??
    I call BS, he looks like he had a rag and a bottle of cleaner/windex....no ME. And he pulled plastics?
    Really? what plastic's exactly? I don't see tool one..I've seen hundred's of pin's cleaned on location, never seen plastics pulled on any, unless to replace rubber's/lights or a very through cleaning.
    Not to byb, just seemed a little far featched in your description...
    Anyway, this is better than most of the cleaning on most operator locations..
    at least he is trying..

Are you for real, extremely dense, just a troll, or some combination thereof?

I took some liberty with sequence for hilarity's sake. He did not clean the legs three times. But sure, I guess if you want to call me and my wife a liar based on the fact that I didn't ask him to pose with the damn melamine foam or his open 150lb metal toolbox, that's fine. Whatever. I'll put you on ignore like the other trolls.

I'm not going to say the location because I'm not trying to cost the guy his job. It's not MY responsiblity to tell CEC how to deal with their pins. If they want to throw their money away by cleaning it with sandpaper, that's their right, just as it is your right to take everything I said literally, even though it should have been plainly clear this post was for humor's sake more than going "God, this guy is a moron!" Some people just don't get it, I guess.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-clean-a-game-chuck-e-cheese-style?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.