(Topic ID: 65300)

How to clean a game: Chuck-E-Cheese style.

By Frax

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Atomicboy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bob_cleaning.png
    DSCN1855.JPG
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    oxaw9.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crash.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 10 years ago

Honestly I have to say, we have a CEC location in run-down/almost shoddy Antioch, Tennessee. This is the location that plays rap music knock-offs for the stage performances, literally. Lots of low-income people in the area.

Out of all this, the place has a pinball machine. Stern Pirates of the Caribbean. Most of the time it's playable and relatively nice looking. The manager actually likes pinball. I bet she would have more than one if it weren't for corporate policy. I'm serious, whoever she has working on their pins knows how to do it RIGHT. One day I came in, playfield was spotless. New rubbers. New bulbs. Flippers rebuilt. New display. The proper shop job.

The only thing that was still a problem was the lock post that pops up when you shoot the ship. You have to flip in order for it to fall. That may just be a design flaw. In hindsight it's really amazing that the experience ranges from no pins at all, to nonworking pins, to working but poorly maintained pins, to excellent working condition pins.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Woah, how did you end up with that? I've been told corporate policy is to smash games when they're done, the won't sell them off route.

Yeah how the heck did you work that one out? First time I've ever heard of CEC actually selling a pin! Did you try the other way around, maybe offer up an Addams Family? Man I would love to see some restored Bally/Williams games on location!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crash.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-clean-a-game-chuck-e-cheese-style?tu=crash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.