Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 days ago by rai
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3173 (resized).jpeg
    SternSpike (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nokoro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Simple question. In modern Sterns (pre-Spike), specifically my Star Trek Pro, how do you change the CR2430 battery? I thought I read somewhere that you can do it with the power off, and your settings will be saved for a short time while you switch out the battery. Is that right, or do you need to change it with the power on?

Thanks!

#9 8 years ago

I really thought I read somewhere that the machine would hold your settings if you changed the battery within 30 minutes of powering off. But, I can't find that now, which is the reason for my post. I don't want to screw anything up, so I guess I'll swap it out with the power off. Maybe I'll get lucky and my settings will be preserved. . . . .

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Gottlieb System 3s used a similar battery in the 90s and I never had to change one once.

Well, here's a better question then. Should I change the battery every two years? Will the lithium CR2430 coin batteries eventually leak?

#18 8 years ago

Well, it has only been a year and a half. Maybe I'll wait. There's supposed to be one more code update for Star Trek, and I'll lose everything then anyway. Seems like a good time to replace the battery.

#26 8 years ago

So, I just noticed that when I turned the power off with the translite removed that some of the LED indicators on the boards stay lit for a little while. I didn't stay around to see how long. Perhaps that gives you enough time to swap the battery without losing your settings/score? Or perhaps not.

I'll try swapping the battery out with the power off before doing the next software update just for kicks to see if it works.

#32 8 years ago
    Quoted from msarac:

If you open the update file in Pinball Browser you can enter your current high scores and make your settings changes right in the app. Save the edited file and update the pin as usual, and when it boots you'll be running new code with your scores and settings retained.

I've heard that. Thanks. I don't have pinball browser. One of these days, I should play around with it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nokoro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-change-a-stern-battery?tu=nokoro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.