View topic image gallery

DSCF2628.JPG
DSCF2627.JPG
Canada_Dry_Backglass_scratch.jpg
Canada_Dry_Backglass_Front.jpg
Canada_Dry_Backglass_Back.jpg

#1 12 years ago

Hi
I'am going to take today an old Gottlieb Canada Dry , but without BackGlass.
Have anyone ever built a BackGlass with a picture of BackGlass printed?

On what kind of support ?
What resolution is needed on the camera ?

Thank"s to come up your solutions

Lionel.

#3 12 years ago

Here are pics of the Backglass in Canada that MrHide on the MAACA forum is selling for $250 Canadian. Looks to be in 99% condition.

#4 12 years ago

Yes, It seems perfect !

Backglasses are generally around 60/80 Euros in France . I'm afraid that 250 $CAN(159Eur)+ shipping cost + VAT will exceed my budget.
And perhaps little Dangerous to ship a glass from canada to a little town "deep in France".

Good information too . Thank"s for your help.

Lionel.

#5 12 years ago

I hate paying tax on a used item. You're paying it twice. It's B.S.
What is the VAT in France? Been a couple of years since I've been there.

#6 12 years ago

I understand your choice lb45 but your options are limited. I hope you can find one in EU.
Some of our members over there might be able to add advice like WET or Robin. Those of us on the other side of the "Big Pond" are spoiled usually. SC is not part of the mainland US and I'm sure he's used to paying the "Alaska" price on things which sucks too.

VAT = Value added Tax ? God forbid we adopt that here.

#7 12 years ago

I came across this one night perhaps it will help?
Looks like the guy did a great job - what do you think?
http://tuukan.fliput.net/bglass_en.html

#8 12 years ago

Get a piece of glass that fits and hire a airbrush artist.

#9 12 years ago

Why not .
I invite you to see how a person has made his backglass himself . He has built a complete pinball.

http://retro-flip.aceboard.fr/311792-6197-11031-0-Creation-backglass.htm

The entire pinball :
http://retro-flip.aceboard.fr/311792-6197-11006-0-naissance-asterix.htm

At this moment , i"m evaluating to ask a printer to print my translite. We'll see the price .
Our manufacturers of pinball made that too.

I asked Robin too.We will meet soon , for a deal ! I posted on France, Belgium, Holland and more this Canada Dry BG. So i will wait..this beautiful and rare backglass.

I 'll inform you about the use!
Lionel

So , ready for a new hand-made-myself backglass now?

#10 12 years ago

Man that guy is good! To do such good airbrush work with that airbrush, amazing. Don't be fooled by the use of masking and stenciles, it takes great skill to make it look that good. Yes, I'm ready to see...

#11 12 years ago

Remember one thing - COPYRIGHTS
it may be cool to make 1 backglass for a game that you may never sell
but if you start poping them out on the market you will get caught -just a matter of time.
GTB parts and names are all licensed - hope this doesn't bring anyone down but.....?

#12 12 years ago

Very good point Autumnfade .. One would have to make some significant changes from the original just like a song. It could be based on the original but not an exact copy.

Some companies are quite happy to let you do things but several of them aren't. Gottlieb actively goes after anyone selling their ROM's , manuals, etc without permission. Just look at what's available on IPDB in the download sections. Then there is that person in Australia who claims to have copyright ownership of a couple other companies. I won't mention his name or say anything bad about him as I don't need a public posting defamation lawsuit.

It's like owning an original. You privately have the right to restore it or make a archival backup copy. Making one and selling it is illegal.

#13 12 years ago

OK , i have understood..
France has VAT... You have Copyright....Two methods to earn money

Of course , i don't want to make some business . Moreover , Collectors don't like translites and prefer True Backglasses.
I just thought , i would be more beautiful than without picture at the beginning.

So , no translite , no Copyright Warning
Just , visit all the "attic sales" and wait. I'll do.

Just a picture to show that i have some work about the machine.

Thank's all for your advices.
Lionel.

DSCF2627.JPG DSCF2628.JPG

#14 12 years ago

looks like a couple of Tigers girls there on the playfield, young, blonde and willing...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 2.00
Tools
UpKick Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!