(Topic ID: 244525)

How to arrange delivery?

By PatrickMeyer

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ShippingBill (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190601_121505 (resized).jpg
    C50BFCB2-6A16-4650-BD9D-EFFD6372EF15 (resized).jpeg
    RS #3 (resized).jpg
    RS #2 (resized).jpg
    RS #1 (resized).jpg
    2019-06-07 19_12_21-Donate to Pinside _ Pinside.com - Internet Explorer (resized).png
    20190607_124447 (resized).jpg
    20190607_124430 (resized).jpg
    20190607_123948 (resized).jpg
    20190607_121312 (resized).jpg
    20190607_121300 (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

I just bought an Adams Family pinball from a guy in GA. My wife grew up playing this at the beach every summer, so I'm stoked, but have to arrange delivery. I got a quote from the recommended delivery people my seller gave me and they said $885 to get it here and in the house, plus $200 to get it upstairs to my game room. Does that sound reasonable? He's in Agusta GA, I'm in Richmond, VA.

#2 4 years ago

Pm sent.

#3 4 years ago

That's expensive...Try STI/NAVL; there are a million threads on them...Should only cost you $500 tops.

#4 4 years ago

I paid 400 to get one from Vegas to Denver, Beltmann

#5 4 years ago

Thanks for the input. The company I was quoted was Beltmann. They said that because they cannot use a regular semi rig to deliver, the cost is higher. Has to be delivered on a smaller truck and then brought up my winding 11 percent to 14 percent drive which has very limited turn around room. If Beltmann is saying $885, reasonable? Ask another?

#6 4 years ago

Do you have a vehicle to move it? Have it delivered to a friend's house or work location that IS semi accessible, throw it in your vehicle and take it home yourself. Then pay a couple of buddies $100 to help move it up your stairs into your gameroom.

#7 4 years ago

You’re paying for them to get it inside the house. That’s beyond normal delivery and that’s why the price is higher.

#8 4 years ago

I use STI quite a bit and it sounds about right. Its within $100 of what others may quote you.

#9 4 years ago

$420 from the East Coast to Chicago; STI through Beltmann. Pick-up, Pack and Deliver to Driveway.

It's taking a bit of time; longer than I expected. Tomorrow is 2 weeks. I'm getting antsy.

#10 4 years ago

Just get one of your buddies go pick it up at the shipping terminal where you live?

#11 4 years ago

Arrived. For some reason PM's can't attach photos. Quickly placing some here for the seller to see. Gotta run, I'll deal with this tonight.

20190607_121300 (resized).jpg20190607_121300 (resized).jpg20190607_121312 (resized).jpg20190607_121312 (resized).jpg20190607_123948 (resized).jpg20190607_123948 (resized).jpg20190607_124430 (resized).jpg20190607_124430 (resized).jpg20190607_124447 (resized).jpg20190607_124447 (resized).jpg
    #12 4 years ago
    Quoted from RockfordReplay:

Arrived. For some reason PM's can't attach photos. Quickly placing some here for the seller to see. Gotta run, I'll deal with this tonight.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

ouch, crazy they didn't use any moving blankets.

yeah, basic pricing is creeping toward 500 bucks now. Think I've only paid a little more then that one time, and it was because the guy was in a remote area. If you add stairs and special requirements like a small truck then prices will almost double.

#13 4 years ago

As mentioned...stairs and a smaller truck add a lot to the price.
    I would either have fastenal do it (the cheapest option...but the seller has to wrap and drop it off, and the buyer has to pick it up) or do what others gave said and have it delivered to a friend or family member.

#14 4 years ago

Arrived. For some reason PM's can't attach photos. Quickly placing some here for the seller to see. Gotta run, I'll deal with this tonight.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yikes shipping damage. The pins should be wrapped in blankets then shrink wrapped. A few layers of shrink alone isn’t going to prevent much damage.

#15 4 years ago

When I walked up to the truck and peered deep inside; I could see a strap from the right wall of the truck, around the cabinet and back to the same wall. The pin was pressed against the wall. The senior deliveryman re-positioned the pin back on the pallet before rolling out to the lift-gate.

Preparing to unpack it now.

#16 4 years ago

For some reason PM's can't attach photos.

2019-06-07 19_12_21-Donate to Pinside _ Pinside.com - Internet Explorer (resized).png2019-06-07 19_12_21-Donate to Pinside _ Pinside.com - Internet Explorer (resized).png

#17 4 years ago

Ahhh, Thanks. I need to be more supportive.

A video is uploading of the unpacking. The trans-light and speaker panel had left their channels. I'm thankful they didn't fall out while lifting the head. A heat-sync partially separated from one board and I see cracks around a ramp screw; Perhaps from transit. I'm skeptical and worry. I'll feel better when the previous owner reviews the video. The paper on the skid showed delivery for Friday last week.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yikes shipping damage. The pins should be wrapped in blankets then shrink wrapped. A few layers of shrink alone isn’t going to prevent much damage.

Yeah. Whoever prepped that for shipping really messed up. Here's my Roadshow right before it was about to be picked up by Beltman ...
    RS #1 (resized).jpgRS #1 (resized).jpgRS #2 (resized).jpgRS #2 (resized).jpg

RS #3 (resized).jpgRS #3 (resized).jpg
    #19 4 years ago

Is everyone happy shipping legs on? I knows legs-on vs legs-ff is an ago old discussion...

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

Is everyone happy shipping legs on? I knows legs-on vs legs-ff is an ago old discussion...

I personally prefer to have the legs on since it means that it will be moved by hand instead of with a forklift. I've had four games shipped to me with the legs on and they all arrived unscathed.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I personally prefer to have the legs on since it means that it will be moved by hand instead of with a forklift.

Ummm............. that isn't a guarantee. I've been in freight terminals and seen forklifts running around with a pinball machine with the legs on. From the back and from the side.

LTG : )

#22 4 years ago

Probably a previously discussed topic in another thread, but I'll add my 2 cents... Legs off, folded, blanket and shrink wrapped and up on end is what I recommend. The very first pin I shipped was legs on. Somewhere during the move it was strapped so tight to the side of the truck that the legs were bent and the cabinet actually split. It required a new cab, new side rails and new legs. I'm sure there's horror stories both ways.

#23 4 years ago

that's ridiculous that happened to that game. no excuses for that.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

that's ridiculous that happened to that game. no excuses for that.

No I'd say its expected if you ship it laying down. Its hanging over the edge of the skid of course its gonna get damaged

ALWAYS,ALWAYS ship standing on end if using a pallet. Then it doesnt hang off the edges.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Yeah. Whoever prepped that for shipping really messed up. Here's my Roadshow right before it was about to be picked up by Beltman ...
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, wrapped in blankets is the way to go. I would feel better if the legs were removed (transit hubs are a flurry of movement - prepare for load shifting).

I want to say the seller of this Who Dunnit has been awesome with the ups/downs from this sale. A video has been provided of the trucking company while they took possession and loaded the truck. The machine was mildly wrapped to hold the head to the cabinet, then dollied onto the truck. No Skid. The machine was re-packed to the skid with more plastic and straps at a later time. It's beyond ridiculous. I'll provide 'walk-around' photos of the entire machine in the 'What did you bring home' thread tonight.

I'll relay this to Beltmann next week. Someone needs to prevent this from happening to another.

#26 4 years ago

THIS is how you ship

C50BFCB2-6A16-4650-BD9D-EFFD6372EF15 (resized).jpegC50BFCB2-6A16-4650-BD9D-EFFD6372EF15 (resized).jpeg
    #27 4 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

THIS is how you ship[quoted image]

There you go. I like the plywood on top of the pallet in case the forks are tilted when the driver goes in, they still wont spear the game. And the 2x4s around it to keep it from sliding.

Granted, not everyone will go to those lengths, but at a minimum - standing on end, legs off, blanket and shrink wrapped. Never laying down hanging over the skid.

#28 4 years ago

Not a fan of shipping unless it is unreasonable to drive >10hrs one way

IMG_20190601_121505 (resized).jpgIMG_20190601_121505 (resized).jpg
    #29 4 years ago

I used to drive and ride from Rockford to Solon Springs then back in a Day. Whew, It was a haul. The comfort of protecting the machine is likely worth it.

The Seller was good to point out that our freight bills note specific packing instructions;

ShippingBill (resized).jpgShippingBill (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-arrange-delivery?hl=rockfordreplay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.