Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 146 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TenaciousT
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vintage woolworth 53 ext pleasantfamilyshopping (resized).jpg
    d3ce2f91985bb931e3942aacdb1eac6c (resized).jpg
    dannerajaxhelper (resized).jpg
    ayrth (resized).jpg
    IMG_3203 (resized).JPG
    tgy (resized).jpg
    2de2f8c2b54e242219b058317ebe9b81 (resized).jpg
    zay (resized).jpg
    jamesway (resized).jpg
    Ames (resized).jpg
    1964787_10207155090409072_4760731603697981293_n (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    Zayre1971CD-1024x656 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4142 (resized).JPG
    kmart (resized).jpg
    TWkEGjH (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Cut Hoby1 some slack...he over-reacted, then apologized for it. We all do it now and then...
    I blame daylight saving

Mmm.....no. Those things are effectively gambling centers to lure in kids that have no idea that they're being "played" in the form of the machine arbitrarily deciding that it's not going to give the claw enough juice to actually function x% of the time. To be all stick-in-the-ass about protecting that kind of revenue stream....I have no sympathy. Plus, I personally believe that the rise of redemption in general is what f'ed over arcades in the first place, so I'd be glad to see them rot.

Aren't all these stupid wal-mart robbery centers...er..."gaming centers" run by Sega?

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Lloyd would answer every

Yes, but the difference is that Lloyd is just being Lloyd, which is brutally honest and helpful. He's not going to sugar coat the situation. This guy? ERMAGERD U TAKE MY MONEY I TOOK FROM KIDS I KEEL YOU! He wasn't trying to be helpful, he was trying to crush something under his heel.

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

You are 100% wrong about this. We make our own cranes and they cannot contol a set payout. Any one that owns a Rainbow crane can attest to this.

Okay. You'll forgive me if I don't take your word as law and wait for secondary confirmation on that.

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

No problem. If not I can shoot you the board schematics

Schematics wouldn't really tell me what software does, unless you're also going to claim that the current machines are EMs and there's no programming.

I'm looking at documentation...I'm not seeing anything about adjusting odds yet, but voltage adjustments in theory...seems to me could still be exploited by a dick operator. I understand it's a very necessary piece of functionality because you never know what you're going to get at the wall...but it's also exploitable. Not saying you or your company necessarily does that, but that your specific claim of not being able to adjust odds in some way is a technicality.

TSB-lol (resized).pngTSB-lol (resized).png

tsb-lol2 (resized).pngtsb-lol2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-approach-local-walmart?tu=Frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.