5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Thunder90
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I've installed the original Stern shaker motor in my GOTG Premium and it works fine but I find it rattling a bit. Do someone have some guidance to the best way to adjust the weights to get it run as smooth as possible. And I don't need any comments that I should have bought other shakers instead, I like to have my game with original parts .
    Any tips are much appreciated.

9 months later
    #2 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jireteg:

I've installed the original Stern shaker motor in my GOTG Premium and it works fine but I find it rattling a bit. Do someone have some guidance to the best way to adjust the weights to get it run as smooth as possible. And I don't need any comments that I should have bought other shakers instead, I like to have my game with original parts .
    Any tips are much appreciated.

Ever find out any info on this?

#3 4 years ago

Not sure if they are using the same shaker from the Star Trek days, but if so, there is a threaded rod at the top that you can tighten to make it shake a bit more smoothly.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

Not sure if they are using the same shaker from the Star Trek days, but if so, there is a threaded rod at the top that you can tighten to make it shake a bit more smoothly.

Ok I’ll have a look at that.

#5 4 years ago

I adjusted the orientation of my weights. Haven't tried tightening the threaded rod, but the weights worked for me.

I adjusted one weight to sit at a 90° angle from the other as opposed to pointing the same direction. Much smoother operation now. Remove set screw, reposition, tighten screw down in other hole and done.

You can also adjust them so they are pointing opposite directions by moving both weights 90° which should smooth it out even more. I am personally happy with where mine is after moving one though.

Now on to quieting the glass rattle!

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from Thunder90:

Now on to quieting the glass rattle!

Duct tape -- a little strip right along the edge that is rattling.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

Duct tape -- a little strip right along the edge that is rattling.

Thanks! That should help considerably.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-adjust-the-stern-shaker-motor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.