7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

OK, I have searched the forum to the best of my ability, and haven't really found any recommendations for this problem. On my PinBot (though this is not an issue specific to that game), the saucer kickouts in the visor *should* send each ball to the opposite flipper. What happens very often, though, is that the LH kickout sends the ball not-quite-to-the-RH-flipper, resulting in an instant and un-saveable drain. There has to be a way to adjust this; I have shopped out the game and installed Cliffy protectors, replaced the red plastic in the kickout saucers, and cleaned up the kicker arms so that they can move freely, but the problem is the same. Also an issue with the kickout to the left of the visor. Should send the ball to the right flipper, but it often hits the rubber, sending the ball wherever it happens to bounce.

I don't want to start bending metal parts willy nilly; there's gotta be a specific way of addressing this. But there isn't an adjustment in the mechanism, and the screw holes aren't slotted, so you really can't move the kicker; it's position is pretty much fixed. I can't be the only person to have this problem, but I was surprised not to see more posts about this topic, which seems like it should be relatively easy to address. But personally, I'm stumped.

#2 7 years ago

Gently bend the kicker near the end that hits the ball to a different direction.

LTG : )

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-adjust-kickouts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.