Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by rockrand
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Just got my hands on a new pin and it came with a coin taker shaker. I saw a guide on putting in a board to adjust the power to it, but everyone on that thread warns not to install it in a spike machine because it will blow the node board. This thing is way too intense. I tried adjusting the weights with little luck.

Any ideas? Thanks!!!!

#2 3 years ago

How did you adjust the weights?

#3 3 years ago

they are 180 degrees from each other. Still shakes the whole house!

#4 3 years ago

The cointaker shakers are crazy strong, and the power adjusting boards will indeed blow out the cabinet node board.

Sorry for the sarcastic answer, but the real solution is to buy shakers from Pinball Life. You might sell that one and recoup some of the money.

#5 3 years ago

No worries, I appreciate the honesty.

Quoted from John_I:

The cointaker shakers are crazy strong, and the power adjusting boards will indeed blow out the cabinet node board.
    Sorry for the sarcastic answer, but the real solution is to buy shakers from Pinball Life. You might sell that one and recoup some of the money.

#6 3 years ago

I have coin shakers in all my games and I can’t believe you have the weights 180 and it still shakes the house!
    If I did 180 I would get a mild vibration ,cointaker did have the red tremor shakers for a while and they were crazy crazy,is yours a red tremor?

#7 3 years ago

Can you pull the weights off and cut them down in size? Less mass = less imbalance force.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from rockrand:

I have coin shakers in all my games and I can’t believe you have the weights 180 and it still shakes the house!
    If I did 180 I would get a mild vibration ,cointaker did have the red tremor shakers for a while and they were crazy crazy,is yours a red tremor?

I have that damn red tremor in my Metallica.... need to adjust that down some. Sparky multiball is a freaking earthquake :-p

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from jgreene:

Can you pull the weights off and cut them down in size? Less mass = less imbalance force.

I did that to a red tremor once that came installed in my Metallica. I cut off a huge chunk of each weight and it did next to nothing. I had to do the power adjuster knob mod. Fortunately you could do that with the SAM games. Even still it just didn't feel right because with the knob the speed was too slow and it was kind of a slow wobbling rather than a shaking. The red tremor is basically useless if you ask me. Not sure what they were thinking.

#10 3 years ago

Yeah that’s what it is, the red devil. Oh well I’ll play around some more and see what I can do.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

The red tremor is basically useless if you ask me. Not sure what they were thinking.

I agree with you completely! I bought one for my Iron Man, but I had to completely neuter it. It was so harsh that it felt damaging to the game. I know some people like it like that. But for me, the sound and the violent shaking was a huge distraction from the game. I'd never buy one again. And if I ever buy a game with one, I'll just yank it out and sell it. The Stern ones are more expensive, but work way better. So worth it.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jherre6:

Yeah that’s what it is, the red devil. Oh well I’ll play around some more and see what I can do.

You are going to replace it,sorry! The regular shaker from coin or pinball life will do fine and then you can move the weight if needed!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-adjust-cointaker-shaker-in-a-stern-spike?hl=jherre6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.