Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Roverius
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SaminVA.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Screw won't help if it isn't getting stuck.
It sounds like your problem is the mech isn't level. Think about it - Coin mech is at a right angle to the coin door. Playfield is at a 6 1/2 degree pitch. Whole game is at a 6 1/2 degree pitch. So your mech is leaning to the coin return side.
Put your mech on a level surface and see if coin goes to return or the coin switch side. If it works on the level surface, then you need to find different mechs that will work or get your mechs leaning back the other way.
Been a problem with pinball since they started mounting the mechs in this fashion.
Stern is the only one to recently rout out more wood and lean the whole door in a bit.
LTG

I have this same problem on my new Stern Star Trek. With the game set for the proper pitch the coin mech is leaning to the coin return side. The quarter coin mech's that came with the game work fine. The coin door and mech's are Suzo-Happ. I like to use .984 tokens in my games and I have always used the Happ .984/quarter combo coin mech's and they work great in all my other games but they don't work in my new Stern Star Trek LE pinball machine. They work with the door open but when closed they are not level and tokens pass to the coin return. You would think a company like Stern as long as they have been making pinball games would have a clue about how to angel the front panel of the cabinet so the coin mech is level.
For now I put the game on free play but the only .984 token mech I have found so far that works is the black plastic Imonex brand which seems like my only option. It just seems crazy Stern cant get it right after building so many games. It is too much to ask? Apparently so.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Hardware
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SaminVA.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-adjust-a-coin-mech?tu=SaminVA and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.