2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by QuyN
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ec90782245ef667a7d90ffe18735806adf64925cf735e11fa803eacd104c5556 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

My question probably seems silly, but i just can't understand how to adjust the ball shooter, or launcher (?).
    I have a Pinbot on which, over time, I just couldn't reach the skill shot.
    Same problem on my Taxi
    And kind of the same on my The Machine: Bride of Pinbot

I changed the springs for new ones. Also changed the rubber.
    Nothing changed.

Am I missing something?!

#2 2 years ago

Even if you think it's a silly question because you don't know, that's how we all learn.

Is the rubber tip/plunger centered in the middle of ball at rest when it kicks into lane, and is it clear of the shooter housing?

#3 2 years ago

Thank Cash!
    Well, i know that it is not exactly, on Taxi...
    But then, do i have to adjust the rod??...

#4 2 years ago

Inside the cabinet should be 3 screws on shooter housing. Loosen and adjust to a correct alignment position of the shooter rod to ball position. Center/left/right etc. You can just snug the screws up and test before fully tightening. Give that a shot first. From there another step and more if not corrected! : )

#5 2 years ago

Lube the shaft with super lube. Maybe the shaft is dragging on one side of the nylon bushing.

#6 2 years ago

Use a red spring.. and if you need to you can shim with a,washer .... my pinbot was the same way .

#7 2 years ago

wylcot just checking back to see if you are 'one' w/your shooter alignment yet. : )

I was just on RGP reminiscing about my ol' TEAM-EM days when pinball was fun : ) and took a look-see into your Pinbot shooter problem. Seems to be a common problem! For your reading pleasure(and hopeful fix if shooter housing adjustment didn't get you right) take a LQQKY here:

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!search/Pinbott$20shooter$20issue/rec.games.pinball/gk5Wau6ps_I

#8 2 years ago

^^^Crud, link NG!^^^ If you go to,RGP(if not familiar post back) go to search and type in: Pinbot shooter adjustment and then look at the one titled: Williams Pinbot - shooter housing adjustment.

#9 2 years ago

And thennnnnnnnn so I don't babble any more tonight, : ) right here on Pinside:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hitting-the-pinbot-vortex-well-adjust-the-shooter-screws#post-1992745

#10 2 years ago

Well, I hadn't seen taht thread!
    It's a relief to see that I'm not the only one to struggle with that issue!

Well, I changed the spring for a red one, and lubed the rod... so I guess I'll try these 3 screws...

Thank you guys! I'll let you know!

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from wylcot:

and lubed the rod...

ec90782245ef667a7d90ffe18735806adf64925cf735e11fa803eacd104c5556 (resized).jpg

#12 2 years ago

From what I've heard, all Taxi's need fine tuning to get a proper skill shot lined up. There are threads about it. I have one, and I had to loosen the screws holding in the plunger and adjust to so that I can get all the way past 100K to 5K. It just takes a lot of trial and error. I'm going to replace the spring and the rod sleeve too, since it's makes that creaky spring compressing sound, so I hope that smooths it out. Also, if you don't have a new ball, or your ramp is dirty, it'll take a lot away from the momentum and you'll lose that good spin needed for the spin out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 0.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 35.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 119.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 149.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 19.95
    $ 119.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 299.00
    $ 119.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 126.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 19.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside