(Topic ID: 90388)

How to add undercab LEDs to Haunted house??

By Pinphila

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by bklossner
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Has anyone ever done this? Would like to add them to my haunted house.

Thanks

#2 9 years ago

Bump

#3 9 years ago

Did you want to add a single color or RGB leds strips. If you were going to use RGB strips did you want to use a controller or have them interactive with game play or both?

#4 9 years ago

If you want to go an inexpensive route you could get a LED rope light and some small pipe or wire clips and attach it under the cabinet.

#5 9 years ago

yesterday just playing around (audio section of a zizzle super weak!) installed a little Lepai amplifier to boost the sounds (6" speaker into its bottom cover) and a deep blue LED strip at the apron. with only 12v 300mw wall wart (starving the amp yeah) with amp turned up the LED strip dims with everything sound effects, so bonus-cheap-cool (single color) "interactive" visual effect.on the pf. everything blue pops like its blacklit, the toy looks much better for it.

you might find an LED strip controller at amazon that'll fire different channels with different audio frequencies, if the game has fun audio to patch into, just pick what colors you like and what-when outputs it has to fire them. a machine here got a much simpler treatment with slow-fast fade-blink 7-8 color changing LED's under, not interactive or really bright, but kinda cool when the room is dimmed.

this video, the guys patched undercab LED's into a main GI switching relay for a simple red-green blinking, to me is kinda boring but it's a real simple do

#6 9 years ago

I did it the cheap and easy way. Bought a $30 kit online that came with a long strip of RGB lights, power supply, controller and remote. It only tool about an hour to install (I'm slow and picky) and didn't require any real mods to the machine. It's not interactive but the green looks cool and it doesn't tax the machines power.

#7 9 years ago

I'm looking to make it interactive. Anyone know where to tie it into?

#8 9 years ago

I think I may have a friend with this machine. I can build you an interactive under-cab kit for this if you like. It will be a few weeks until I can work on this. Let me know if you are interested.

Chris
Rock Custom Pinball

#9 9 years ago

I just tried one of the led underbody kits where you solder a power then a r/g/b wire to different spots on one of my machines with virtually no luck getting the colors to look decent with interaction. I have not personally used Rock Custom Pinball kit, however after watching the videos they look like they nail it perfectly. Might be best just to wait and let them do all the hard work for you!

1 month later
#10 9 years ago

Regarding interactivity, if the lights can handle a 20V pulse, you could wire LED strips (of different colors) to separate pop-bumper solenoids so a unique pop bumper hit would trigger a corresponding LED flash under the cabinet.

I'm thinking of the excellent Firepower that Greywolf always brings to pinball conventions that has the ridiculous sound system and even more ridiculous under-the-cabinet LED flashes when certain things happen in the game.

I've wired a Coin Taker flashing post thing to a pop bumper on my HH's main playfield so whenever a ball hits it a flash of light suddenly pulses over the lower-playfield as a sort of "lightning" effect. Stupid 6-second video on YouTube here (

).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-add-undercab-leds-to-hauntes-house and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.