You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bowlette (resized).jpg
20171124_211006 (resized).jpg
20171124_212410 (resized).jpg
#1 8 years ago

I have a couple pitch and bat games that I'd like to add to my current list. However, they are not part of the game archive here on pinside... yet.

Can williams 4 bagger (1956) and williams line drive (1972) be added to the archive by whoever is in charge of adding games? Or maybe I can do it somehow?

thanks

1 week later
#4 8 years ago

Hurray! Thanks Jeff. Could you add Mini Golf and Little Pro?

#5 8 years ago

Alex,
I added the Mini Golf but you need to upload some pics for a splash

Which Little Pro? The southland i assume.

If i make it up to wisconsin i wanna play!

--Jeff

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Alex,
If i make it up to wisconsin i wanna play!
--Jeff

Heck yeah!

#7 8 years ago

I don't actually own a Mini Golf, I have Southland Little Pro. Is it acceptable to grab a pic from IPDB for the splash image?

#8 8 years ago

The rule is supposed to be that you either upload a non copyrighted image or attribute copyright to the correct person. I always try to find Ebay listings or for sale listings where the picture is public domain.

--Jeff

#9 8 years ago

Ok gotcha. It might take a little digging around but I may be able to find one.
Thanks,
Alex

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

The rule is supposed to be that you either upload a non copyrighted image or attribute copyright to the correct person. I always try to find Ebay listings or for sale listings where the picture is public domain.
--Jeff

Photos from ebay listings are not in the public domain. The person who took the photos still retains copyright for those photos. That's why IPDB has to ask ebay users for permission to use their photos on IPDB.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Photos from ebay listings are not in the public domain. The person who took the photos still retains copyright for those photos. That's why IPDB has to ask ebay users for permission to use their photos on IPDB.

Fair enough. I stand corrected. The main point still stands. Pictures should be attributed correctly or be public domain.

--Jeff

1 week later
#13 8 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

These have been added

thanks a lot!

#14 8 years ago

Hoping to add United's '56 Star Slugger!

#16 8 years ago

I thought Pitch & Bat games were specifically excluded from the Pinside archives? At least there was a note to that effect in the Slugfest description, or something along those lines.

#17 8 years ago

as far as I know were allowed to add any game in the IPDB

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

as far as I know were allowed to add any game in the IPDB

Here is what the Slugfest description says. Sounds like there was some debate on whether to include or not but it's been in the archive as long as I've been here.

"Technically not a pinball machine, but with many parts making it look like one (including a pinball machine-like body and a dot matrix display), Slugfest was built by Williams in 1991. The game most closely resembles a pitch and bat machine and features a single bat ('flipper') and a single ramp. The game features a baseball card dispenser and seems targeted mostly towards kids.
On September 18, 2011 this game generated quite some discussion on the Pinside for entering our Pinball Top 100 on position #18. It turns out this machine should not be on Pinside.com as it has no flipper (a requirement for machines to be in the Pinside archive). We have decided for now to keep the game in the archive as several of our members list it in their collection. We might change this decision later."

#19 8 years ago

I remember that debate. Pinside has come a long way and now includes Bingo, Prewar and Pitch and Bats in the Archive and forums!!

--Jeff

1 year later
#20 6 years ago

Never to old to bring a good thread back!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cant-find-numbers-for-new-em-chicago-coins-criss-croos-pop-up#post-3902414

Just picked up a Chicago Coin's Criss Cross Pop-UP.
Amazing fun tic-tac-toe Em Dec 1964. Nice to finally have a game older than me!

Hoping Forceflow finds this and can add it to Data base.
Would love to add this to my collection.
Thanks MODS

#22 6 years ago

Thank You for adding machine!!

I went and already added to collection and fixed a few details including its an EM, 1 player, and pitch and bat cabinet design.
Once I get it cleaned up nice I'll add photo's of a few unique mechanisms. The back cabinet which holds many of the EM parts we know instead of the lower cabinet. Transformer, control bank, all the relays etc.. When I went to load it up i was surprised how heavy the head was, 100 pounds?

3 months later
#23 6 years ago

1950 Gottlieb Bowlette? What do you think? Can we add it to the archive. It's technically a shuffle alley but pinball sized and Gottlieb's only EM arcade (that I'm aware of).

Just got mine up and playing. Fun little game.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

1950 Gottlieb Bowlette? What do you think? Can we add it to the archive. It's technically a shuffle alley but pinball sized and Gottlieb's only EM arcade (that I'm aware of).
Just got mine up and playing. Fun little game.

Post a pic!
I think it technically has to have a ball.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Post a pic!

Gotcha. This has a puck, no ball. Only pic I have handy is the day I brought it home. Still needs a couple things but looks much nicer now.

Edit: a more current pic...

Bowlette (resized).jpgBowlette (resized).jpg

#26 6 years ago

Just picked up this bad boy.
Williams 1959 Space Glider Gun game. Similar in style to pop up with 6 bouncing balls to make grid combinations for points.

20171124_212410 (resized).jpg20171124_212410 (resized).jpg

20171124_211006 (resized).jpg20171124_211006 (resized).jpg

#27 6 years ago

That looks really fun. Love the woodrail games.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Post a pic!

Wait a minute? What about Skill Roll? That doesn't have a ball and isn't even in a pinball type cabinet. It has almost a cult following among pinheads though. So I think that one gets a pass.

#29 6 years ago

I normally go by the IPDB rule. if its in the pinball database it can be put in the pinside database

--Jeff

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wantagh, NY
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
$ 40.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-add-games-to-the-archive and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.