Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by PinballAir
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

100_2471 (resized).JPG

#1 3 years ago

Hey pinsiders!

Altough my Stern Lightning has got some cool soundseffects,the "hearth beat" sound just doesn't do justice to this machine. So i want to ad custom sounds-tracks (normal play & multiball and maybe some variations)...the budget way. (less then 50$)

Any ideas?

#2 3 years ago

Used karoke machine off of craigslist.

LTG : )

#3 3 years ago

What about an old 8-Track Player, instead of drop targets, the ball hits a different number playing a different song.
What's that cost, like $8 at GoodWill?

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Used karoke machine off of craigslist.

Hmm i am actually good in beatboxing...

#6 3 years ago

That is the way to go.
I put it into a rifle game so each of the targets was a different sound.
Up to 16 different tracks.

#7 3 years ago

swinks thanks for the tip, the custom made ghostbusters games also uses that for sound & music the guy is explaining it really well on youtube.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

swinks thanks for the tip, the custom made ghostbusters games also uses that for sound & music the guy is explaining it really well on youtube.

Thanks, I try.

One key advantage I heard about with the .wav trigger over the older .mp3 triggers I had used, is that the .wav trigger will play and overlap more than one sound at a time. Otherwise, they seem to work the same way.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

play and overlap more than one sound at a time

So you could have a soundtrack and effects at the same time, with a single board?

#10 3 years ago

I set up the rifle game to play the good ,the bad, the ugly theme when the coin drops and for a duration of 1.5 minutes while playing the game.
Then each target shot is an individual sound effect.
I have 14 different sound effects that can overlap each other.

When you get tired of one set of sounds just set up a new disc w/new sounds.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

So you could have a soundtrack and effects at the same time, with a single board?

yes the Wav board allows you to run say a full song say on ball launch and then other switches trigger other different sounds overlapping the original song being played.

1 month later
#12 3 years ago

Does anyone know if the WAV trigger can be directly connected to existing Pinball switches? I tested the voltage on mine and they are at about 1.7V

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from bimm25i:

Does anyone know if the WAV trigger can be directly connected to existing Pinball switches? I tested the voltage on mine and they are at about 1.7V

Yes that would be interesting to know..

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Yes, exactly.

Quoted from bimm25i:

This does not work with the MP3 Trigger so I would assume it does not work with the WAV Trigger. I have heard of succesfully using opto isolators to safely 'split' the signal from the switch to both the machine and the trigger board, but the costs can add up.

3 weeks later
#15 3 years ago

It requires an isolated set of contacts that make momentarily.
I used the 50 volt signal that energized the targets in the gun game to energize 48v "ice cube " relays.
Relays like these can run $2 to $25 each and the base is another $5 each.

The WAV trigger has a ground strip ( buss) and 16 individual hot connections.
Making the a hot to the ground buss ( or any ground) will play that particular sound.

You cannot back feed it any voltage thru your switch source. So it needs a dedicated momentary switch.

On their website they have the programming manuals free.
They have other ways to trigger the sound but if you make contact too long it will play that sound effect stacked one on top of another.
I also had ghost triggers. I suspect it was the magnetic field from the coil closest to the board.
Earthen grounds and shielded wire did not cure this.

#16 3 years ago

Sound board with relays.
Top LH corner is the Wav Trigger board.

100_2471 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denton, TX
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 44.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 149.00
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 43.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Flashinstinct

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside