• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9B4092B8-7B2B-45A3-AAD5-8DBC3073CE39 (resized).jpeg

#1 4 years ago

Everyone loves a spinner.

I picked up a Kings of Steel - I love this game.

I made one temporary adjustment, I taped up the left metal bit that keeps the ball in the saucer area on a plunge and created a skill shot; you can soft plunge into the saucer area, you can do a regular plunge and trap the ball on the little flipper or you can do a hard plunge and get the ball on the right flipper.

I’ll remove that metal piece permanently soon.

I’d like to add a spinner where I took the picture - between where the taped up metal piece is and the top red post under that plastic. Have the switch be the top left green target, the game makes an awesome sound when those targets gets hit.

Any advice? Parts?

Thanks guys.

9B4092B8-7B2B-45A3-AAD5-8DBC3073CE39 (resized).jpeg9B4092B8-7B2B-45A3-AAD5-8DBC3073CE39 (resized).jpeg

#2 4 years ago

BUMP

#3 4 years ago

It is a fun game, for the spinner you just need to find a parted bally game to get the bracket, spinner and arm. Then get a spinner leaf switch from PBR or marco. Drill a hole in the playfield and wire it up. Hope you are going to keep the game forever. Not sure too many people will appreciate this mod.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

It is a fun game, for the spinner you just need to find a parted bally game to get the bracket, spinner and arm. Then get a spinner leaf switch from PBR or marco. Drill a hole in the playfield and wire it up. Hope you are going to keep the game forever. Not sure too many people will appreciate this mod.

yeah kinda will ruin the game for others... i dont suggest making any mods that you cannot reverse

#5 4 years ago

Okay, I'll bite:

KOS actually already has a skill shot. If you hit the 4 rollover buttons before getting any other points (or left rebound switch) you're awarded a special, which is why the red light flashes at the top center of the pf when you launch a ball (if yours is turned on).

You can buy this spinner assembly, remove the current bracket, and modify it to fit the position better:
https://www.pinballlife.com/complete-spinner-assembly-with-switch.html

As xenon75 says, wire the switch up to the white rollover, so it will count as the same.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

It is one of two “for sure” keepers I own. I think I can find a spot that wouldn’t be too invasive to drill. Could possibly even use the spot where that red post is.

Quoted from djblouw:

Okay, I'll bite:
KOS actually already has a skill shot. If you hit the 4 rollover buttons before getting any other points (or left rebound switch) you're awarded a special, which is why the red light flashes at the top center of the pf when you launch a ball (if yours is turned on).
You can buy this spinner assembly, remove the current bracket, and modify it to fit the position better:
https://www.pinballlife.com/complete-spinner-assembly-with-switch.html
As xenon75 says, wire the switch up to the white rollover, so it will count as the same.

I think I want to wire it up to the top left target instead. The sound it makes is so amazing.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

It is one of two “for sure” keepers I own. I think I can find a spot that wouldn’t be too invasive to drill. Could possibly even use the spot where that red post is.

I think I want to wire it up to the top left target instead. The sound it makes is so amazing.

Yeah, that is a fun sound. If you hook a subwoofer up to the game it makes it even better.

You can wire to the switch just like the sling switches are wired (but don't use bare wire). They'll be wired in parallel, so a hit to either will have the same purpose.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
$ 85.00
$ 199.95
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 10.00
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
$ 10.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-add-a-spinner-to-kings-of-steel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.