8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by rai
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Hi all,

I've been thinking about tilting recently, and talked to Roger Sharpe, Bowen Kerins and others about what how tilt settings affect games on location, gameplay, tourament strategies and cheating.

If you're interested, it's at:

http://pavlovpinball.com/dancing-with-the-devil-the-joy-of-tilt/

Cheers,

Paul
    Editor, Pavlov Pinball (pavlovpinball.com)

#2 8 years ago

Interesting read, good find!

#3 8 years ago

I've bought a couple pins where the previous owner didn't install the tilt bob, to me that's almost against what I believe in. But I'm not a big shaker but just seems necessary to me.

Mostly I shake the pin after a frustrating drain to get the tilt warning as the ball is drained anyway. But that way I like to verify the tilt is actually working.

One time at Allentown I was playing The Hobbit and I tilted out on my second ball no warning, but it seems the game was set to total number of warnings for the whole game not just for the ball you were playing, that was unexpected as the game was set on 2 ball with a half hour line to play.

I'd never heard of total game warning before, is that something new?

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Huh...never heard of that but don't know much aboot JJP games

#5 8 years ago

Thanks, good read

#6 8 years ago

Great read, thanx for sharing..

#7 8 years ago

Great read. I love to tilt.

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

It's a setting in JJP games. You can have the number of warnings per ball or per game. Default is two per game.

#9 8 years ago

Never knew that about JJP games. Thanks for your comments peeps.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from neurokinetik:

It's a setting in JJP games. You can have the number of warnings per ball or per game. Default is two per game.

it's a good idea, except when you don't know about it. It's like the 'secret' Doomsday Machine in Dr Strangelove, it's only a good deterrent if you know about it.

Picture this, I'm at a convention waiting 20-30 minutes to play The Hobbit set on 2-ball play.

I get a warning on the first ball. Second ball TILT after a few seconds (no warning).

Obviously the setting is optional, you could set it to new warning for each ball or set the total number higher, but with TH at Allentown, it was set on one warning (I believe) so the second was a TILT.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-tilt-settings-affect-pinball-gameplay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.