Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by cheezywhiz
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1136.jpg
    image.jpg
    20140822_103247.jpg
    IMGP1228.JPG
    Waterworld oddity.jpg
    WP_20140831_13_32_12_Pro.jpg
    10556511_1562432943979764_3917362560913888682_n.jpg
    IMG_6376.jpg
    103412.jpg
    oops.jpg
    photo.JPG
    image.jpeg
    IMAG1639.jpg
    tzdumball.jpg
    dw.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago

This happened during a league match on Cyclone. Ball just disappeared right before my eyes. Took us 5 minutes to find it -- we all thought it was stuck in the scoop.

oops.jpgoops.jpg

#52 10 years ago

I didn't take a pic of the ball stuck there but this is my fix. Under the left ramp on XMLE. Right next to the scoop.

103412.jpg103412.jpg

4 months later
    #53 9 years ago

IMG_6376.jpgIMG_6376.jpg

#54 9 years ago

I always thought 2 1/2" rubbers on slingshots were too loose, I wish someone would make 2 1/4" rubbers.

#55 9 years ago

I don't take credit for this one, it came courtesy of one of my friends.

10556511_1562432943979764_3917362560913888682_n.jpg10556511_1562432943979764_3917362560913888682_n.jpg
    #56 9 years ago

i just had a ball disappear out of my Tommy during multiball. FIgured the game lost track of it. Said ball missing. Several days later the game says ball missing. Looked everywhere for it.

Finally found the ball? Where was it? Laying in the bottom of the cabinet by the coin box.

How did it get there? During multiball a ball must have flew up into the blinders hole and drop down into the cabinet.

#57 9 years ago

I had a ball disappear during play when it went around the orbit on my WOZECLE. It rolled behind the Castle upper playfield and didn't come back down. The ball was not shot hard. I waited and waited. No ball. Took the glass off and started searching. Lifted the PF and the ball was not in the bottom of the cabinet. I added another ball to continue playing. Several days later, a few friends helped me look for it. We searched every inch of that pin using flashlights and my magnet on a stick. Talk about being stumped! We could not locate that ball anywhere. They mostly chided me for being out of my mind and imagining things!

Many months went by and one day Rob (Borygard) came to do some work on my pin and he had to take the Castle PF off to replace an LED under it. He discovered the ball 'nesting' in a pile of wires located WAY up above the orbit. There was really no space for a ball to 'jump' up there anyway. And how it HID itself was just unbelievable. I should have taken a picture. That ball was not shot with any force to have the inertia to leap that far off the field. It should have gently rolled back down. i would never believe this had I not seen it with my own eyes!

#58 9 years ago

I had to tilt the machine to get dredd to clear this.WP_20140831_13_32_12_Pro.jpgWP_20140831_13_32_12_Pro.jpg

#59 9 years ago

Waterworld oddity.jpgWaterworld oddity.jpg

#60 9 years ago

You snooze, you loose.....

IMGP1228.JPGIMGP1228.JPG
    #61 9 years ago
    Quoted from pzy:

I'm not even sure how this happened, but I'm glad I noticed it before I completely reinstalled the gumball machine

Had exactly the same thing happen on my TZ...had been working on it with the PF vertical replacing a switch or something. Brought it back down, fired it up, and the gumball machine wasn't working. I'm thinking, oboy, I've heard these things are a bitch to fix for someone of my limited skills...I inspected it a bit closer and found what you found...one of the switch covers on the mini PF had come loose and fallen into the opening...whew...

tzdumball.jpg 106 KB

#62 9 years ago

ALL contrived! ALL i say!

#63 9 years ago

TOM is at my parent's house. I go for a visit this weekend and Mom says, the pinball machine is broken, it has a stuck ball.

So, I go take a look and a ball was indeed stuck between the right inlane and the right slingshot. The ball was just sitting there. It took me a moment to figure it out.

One ball was stuck inside the right slingshot, and it was wedging the other ball against the right inlane ball guide. I had an extra set of rubber rings in the cabinet, so I changed the ones out, for the slings. Apparently they were worn out, and a bit too stretchy.

Wish I had taken a photo, now.

#64 9 years ago

Glad I'm not alone. Happened on my JD the other week, was baffled how it got stuck in the lane, then I saw under the plastic...

20140822_103247.jpg20140822_103247.jpg
    #65 9 years ago

Dudah, that is exactly what it looked like.

#66 9 years ago
    Quoted from dudah:

Glad I'm not alone. Happened on my JD the other week, was baffled how it got stuck in the lane, then I saw under the plastic...

20140822_103247.jpg 208 KB

Ha Ha, same thing happened to a Congo I played at a local place this weekend.

#67 9 years ago

This ball rocketed off the upper right ramp entrance and nestled in perfectly in the wire hole of the recognizer top plastic. image.jpgimage.jpg

7 months later
    #68 9 years ago

Couldn't shake this one loose.

IMG_1136.jpgIMG_1136.jpg
    There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-the-hell-did-the-ball-get-there/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.