New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 52386)

How the hell did the ball get *there*

By zucot

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by cheezywhiz
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 23 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1136.jpg
    image.jpg
    20140822_103247.jpg
    IMGP1228.JPG
    Waterworld oddity.jpg
    WP_20140831_13_32_12_Pro.jpg
    10556511_1562432943979764_3917362560913888682_n.jpg
    IMG_6376.jpg
    103412.jpg
    oops.jpg
    photo.JPG
    image.jpeg
    IMAG1639.jpg
    tzdumball.jpg
    dw.jpg
    image.jpg

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

After the overwhelming response (good and bad) to my 'which A list machine can you not stand' thread, I figured I'd go for something a bit more mellow. This just happened on ACDC. I have no idea how.

photo_(1).JPG

#3 7 years ago

Usually when that happens to me, the wrong size rubber (too large) is installed.

Great pic!

#4 7 years ago

Ouch! Hope it didn't mess with a high scoring round!

#5 7 years ago

Lol I haven't had any funny stuck balls. The most annoying for me is that the spinning disk on my WW is raised enough that the ball can get stuck between it's edge and the rail there. doesn't come out with nudging only once the spinners spin in ball search you have to nudge it just right while it's spinning to come lose.

#6 7 years ago

Nothing that strange, but on Fire! I have gotten the ball stuck behind the ladder ramp and on top of the main building in the back. On Doctor Who, I've only had it get stuck in a ball gate and inside the Tardis when a coil wire came loose.

#7 7 years ago

Zucot, your ball just entered the Twilight Zone.

rodserling.jpg

#8 7 years ago

it happens.. sometimes those plastics bend more than you realize, and a 1 out of a million shot happens and for a moment you go "where the hell did the ball get stuck?", and then you see it..

#9 7 years ago

I've broken a lamp under the slingshot, but the ball didn't stay there. Happened right after changing from black to white rubber.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from zucot:

How the hell did the ball get *there*

High power and hot slingshot coils. Somewhere around FGY they switched the slings over to 50V (from 20V previously). That happens a lot more now.

Isn't it wonderful?

#11 7 years ago

That is crazy

#12 7 years ago

That's happened 2 or 3 times now on my Avengers (got it 3 weeks ago).
    My slings aren't very sensitive. Wonder if that has anything to do with it.

#13 7 years ago

I've had this happen on BTTF. It will get past the bumpers, under the rubber and stuck in the corner under a big plastic. I have to get my magnetic wand to fish it out. Funny part is that you can't even see this happening so you just sit there like "WhereTF is the ball?!"

#14 7 years ago

LOTR has some stuck points.

#15 7 years ago

My Pinbot loves to jump off the ramp and get stuck between the glass and middle flasher dome. Then when I start sliding the glass down to get it out it drops down the plastic and gets stuck on the lower flasher dome. Usually happens once every 5 games...

#16 7 years ago

This happens quite a bit on my Tron when the ball gets shot out of the disc lightning fast towards the flippers.

Annoying, because then it's glass off time to retrieve the ball from inside the slingshot.

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from zucot:

After the overwhelming response (good and bad) to my 'which A list machine can you not stand' thread, I figured I'd go for something a bit more mellow. This just happened on ACDC. I have no idea how.

I had this happen on my Tron several times. It fired from the recognizer spinner so fast I couldn't see it. I actually asked "where'd it go!?" the first time it happened. Took me a few minutes to figure it out.

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from Chambahz:

That's happened 2 or 3 times now on my Avengers (got it 3 weeks ago).
    My slings aren't very sensitive. Wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Check the contacts on the slings, mine actually bent back, had to take a pliers & bend them tight again..

#19 7 years ago

After the game ended on FT - ball lock catapult shot out 2 remaining balls in there but they just happen to land in such a convenient position and get stuck!

I had to remove the glass to be able to start a new game hehe

IMAG0250.jpg

#20 7 years ago

Wow that fishtales playfield looks as bad as mine

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from MSN22:

Wow that fishtales playfield looks as bad as mine

Pics please!

#22 7 years ago

I like it when I launch a ball at Optimus and it hits him and then enters the side of the Ironhide upper play field. Always gives me a good laugh.

#23 7 years ago

On my LAH I have a ball that is MIA that I have absolutely no idea where it is. I was playing and then started getting weird issues like when a trough switch isn't registering. I opened it up and saw only 5 balls in the trough, when I know there was six. I have looked up and down that entire machine and in the bottom of the cabinet and can't for life of me figure out what happened to that ball. I added a sixth ball to continue gameplay on it and all's been fine, but still don't know what happened to that thing. Looked under plastics, usually stuck ball places, literally everywhere! Anyone else ever had something like that happen?

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from The_Director:

On my LAH I have a ball that is MIA that I have absolutely no idea where it is. I was playing and then started getting weird issues like when a trough switch isn't registering. I opened it up and saw only 5 balls in the trough, when I know there was six. I have looked up and down that entire machine and in the bottom of the cabinet and can't for life of me figure out what happened to that ball. I added a sixth ball to continue gameplay on it and all's been fine, but still don't know what happened to that thing. Looked under plastics, usually stuck ball places, literally everywhere! Anyone else ever had something like that happen?

Either Black_Rose is messing with you, or it is inside the cab of the crane.

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from The_Director:

Yeah, just last weekend.
    I looked for that ball for a good while before I just threw a new one in.
    Later that night, my wife found it. It had fallen out when I had the PF up before I realized the balls were still in there. I hadn't heard it fall though so I didn't take notice.
    Lesson learned. (at least I hope so)

#26 7 years ago

Love the OP photo. Here are a couple.

ToM multiball drain that almost was.

Missing orbit post on a local Playboy makes a nice place for the ball to get stuck. Pretty much have to tilt the machine to get it loose.

IMG_0120.JPG IMG_1087.jpg

#27 7 years ago

I had the same thing happen on my avengers. Took me a while to find the ball.

#28 7 years ago

Lol well balls do go wild and want go where you don't want it to go

image.jpg

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bole909:

After the game ended on FT - ball lock catapult shot out 2 remaining balls in there but they just happen to land in such a convenient position and get stuck!
    I had to remove the glass to be able to start a new game hehe

Is it me but is left flipper the lightening bolt smaller flipper but on the right is the regular sized flipper

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Is it me but is left flipper the lightening bolt smaller flipper but on the right is the regular sized flipper

Yes lightening flippers are what, 1/8 of an inch shorter? To mainly increase earnings.

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Yes lightening flippers are what, 1/8 of an inch shorter? To mainly increase earnings.

No, what he's saying is that the left flipper in that pic is missing the little lightning bolts on it. I totally see that now, hahah. That FT must play super weird if it has 2 different sized flippers on it.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from zucot:

No, what he's saying is that the left flipper in that pic is missing the little lightning bolts on it. I totally see that now, hahah. That FT must play super weird if it has 2 different sized flippers on it.

I know hehehe I'm trying to locate the lightning bolt flipper locally here, if not I'll put the standard on it It's weird to play like that indeed but kinda fun.

#33 7 years ago

This just happened this morning, missed the swamp shot from Thing's flipper and it launched off one of the standups.

image.jpg

#34 7 years ago

I'd love to see this thread keep going, thanks to everyone that keeps posting.

#35 7 years ago

Got another good one today.

image.jpg

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from zucot:

Got another good one today.

Nice! I bet the view from up there is breathtaking.

#37 7 years ago

Took me a minute to find this one...

dw.jpg

#38 7 years ago
    Quoted from cheezywhiz:

Nice! I bet the view from up there is breathtaking.

It looked kinda neat up there. I might put a ball on each tower haha.

#39 7 years ago

I'm not even sure how this happened, but I'm glad I noticed it before I completely reinstalled the gumball machine

tzdumball.jpg

#40 7 years ago
    Quoted from pzy:

I'm not even sure how this happened, but I'm glad I noticed it before I completely reinstalled the gumball machine

is that a keyboard key in there? That's what it looks like. I've had several games where the ball would somehow end up in the bottom of the cabinet. Never found out how it ended up there. Happened on 3 different games over the past 9 years. Now that's a disappearing ball. Under the slings thing is common. That's why on old EM's you'll see nails between the switches and the kicker arm.

#41 7 years ago

What happens in Vegas , stays in Vegas !

#42 7 years ago
    Quoted from pzy:

I'm thinking the switch cover for the power playfield fell down into the channel. When you lift the playfield to investigate it falls back into the gum ball machine.

#43 7 years ago

Is it me or does that ball look like it has seen better days?

#44 7 years ago

My all-time favorite was getting a ball stuck between the wings of the bi-plane on WMS Indiana Jones. It doesn't look possible at all.

#45 7 years ago

It was indeed a switch cover, and that was just after I got my TZ. The balls have been replaced with brand new ones, no worries! Pretty sure the original balls had been in there since 1993.

#46 7 years ago

Just happened on my daughters game of Avengers..took a quick pix before ball search

IMAG1639.jpg

#47 7 years ago

I know how it got there, but why does it stay there?

image.jpeg

#48 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I know how it got there, but why does it stay there?

Umm... software is work-in-progress? Thanks for pointing that out, the machine didn't drop the winkie guard target during the ball search?

#49 7 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Umm... software is work-in-progress?

Lets hope so.

9 months later
    #50 6 years ago

I don't think I can nudge this one loose..

photo.JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Led
    B & K Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 5,899.99
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 30.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Protection
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 38.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 218.00
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    £ 31.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 18.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Other
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 0.10
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Stuff
    € 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    Maple Street Sign Shop
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 55.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 29.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    The GameRoom Store
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside