(Topic ID: 39323)

How the Deuce do you transport a pin? Advice, tips please.

By pinnyheadhead

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images.jpeg
    #1 11 years ago

Hey everyone looking at a pin to purchase this weekend and need advice on the transport. I have an SUV, appliance dolly, ratchet set, moving blanket and myself and a little help during pickup. Questions - do I need anything else and how do I get the legs off without putting strees on the cabinet. Please give me any tips or pin life experiences, so I can avoid an expensive mistake! Thanks!

#2 11 years ago

Lots of tools. You never know what has been added or changed.

Remove the balls. If head comes off do that or if it folds down put a blanket or thick cardobard between it and glass and strap it down.

Remember what ever to mode it in to strap it down so it doesn't become a missile in an accident.

Go to Stern's site and look over game set up instructions. Do that in reverse.

LTG : )

#3 11 years ago

Simple. Back SUV up to pin. Have a sawhorse ready under the front of the pin. Remove first front leg while assistant stabilizes the other side. (Sawhorse is for safety insurance) now hand the assistant your ratchet so he can remove the other leg. Now you are both holding the machine ?(or it is sitting on the sawhorse so you can take a breather) now slide the pin into your SUV. Hard part over! Now with most of it in the truck, you can remove the two back legs. Take it home and reverse the procedure.

#4 11 years ago

Stern instructions are very helpful - with pictures also. I think it is going to be like moving a fragile small couch. Thanks

#5 11 years ago

We all have one of these....

images.jpegimages.jpeg

#6 11 years ago

One thing I would add is when you slide it into the SUV, be careful that the wood doesn't catch on the bottom. It's very easy to break off some of the plywood and artwork, etc when you slide it in. Also when pulling it out.

If it's an older game with the individual lights in the backbox, I would pull the translite out before you fold it over. Those backboxes can swing open and scratch your translite artwork.

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

We all have one of these....

This is a good idea because the pickup is in Iran. Lol!

#8 11 years ago

Here is what you do.... Check your PM's. I have emailed you my address. Google it and head here immediately after you pick up your pin. I will unload the pin for you into my house. Problem solved!

#9 11 years ago

To add...when I load a pin in my truck(Yukon SUV)I use 2 pcs.(I have used one pc. but 2 works better) of pvc pipe under the pin and it rolls in nicely. I think (?) it's 2" diam. and I cut it just a little wider than a pin. Have the pvc on the back edge of vehicle(inside) and carefully set the game on it...as you roll it in you can use the other pvc pipe to help along the way. Just be careful of hands when pulling it out....2 guys...one guy lifts the other takes the pvc pipe out. I also hang a moving blanket over the edge of bumper so h-o-p-f-u-l-l-y no damage/scratches etc. occurs. I call the pvc pipe rollers the 'THE PINBALL PERSUADER'! ; ) (pat.pending)

www.Team-EM.com

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from smokey_789:

Simple. Back SUV up to pin. Have a sawhorse ready under the front of the pin. Remove first front leg while assistant stabilizes the other side. (Sawhorse is for safety insurance) now hand the assistant your ratchet so he can remove the other leg. Now you are both holding the machine ?(or it is sitting on the sawhorse so you can take a breather) now slide the pin into your SUV. Hard part over! Now with most of it in the truck, you can remove the two back legs. Take it home and reverse the procedure.

Genius! Thanks!

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

To add...when I load a pin in my truck(Yukon SUV)I use 2 pcs.(I have used one pc. but 2 works better) of pvc pipe under the pin and it rolls in nicely. I think (?) it's 2" diam. and I cut it just a little wider than a pin. Have the pvc on the back edge of vehicle(inside) and carefully set the game on it...as you roll it in you can use the other pvc pipe to help along the way. Just be careful of hands when pulling it out....2 guys...one guy lifts the other takes the pvc pipe out. I also hang a moving blanket over the edge of bumper so h-o-p-f-u-l-l-y no damage/scratches etc. occurs. I call the pvc pipe rollers the 'THE PINBALL PERSUADER'! ; ) (pat.pending)
    http://www.Team-EM.com

It worked well building pyramids, why not moving pins also?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-the-deuce-do-you-transport-a-pin-advice-tips-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.